• @thestrangest yes, that's what i've been trying to get you to see, finally. you can read more about it on that site.

• Watch Anime Eyes

@sumof1 do you think there's a word for the history of a word?

• @thestrangest probably not, why don't we make one for it now?

• @sumof1 well etymology is the origins of a word

• Watch Anime Eyes

@sumof1 what is the etymology of etymology? I know "logy" comes from λόγος(prononce logos) in greek. But What about étymo at the beginning of etymology, let me google it

• @thestrangest well since this whole thing felt like a process what about adding a ring to it that makes it sound like a process something like photosynthesis is but not as complicated

• @thestrangest vathýtetymology how does that sound i got the vathyt from deeper or revised since finding the history of history is digging deeper in time

• Watch Anime Eyes

@sumof1 the etymo- in etymology comes from ετυμος (prononced etumos) in greek. And Victory in green le ιστορία(prononced istoria) in greek. So shouldn't the history of a word be something like istorology/ histology/historology

Coming from

ιστορία(prononce istoria) meaning history in greek

λογος (pronounced logos) meaning "word" in greek

• Banned

This is a sick message delete it (:

• @thestrangest It does sound like a real thing.

• @millzzz i don't have enough privileges

• Watch Anime Eyes

@sumof1 well let's see. After further research i found out that from the options i found(istorology/ histology/historiology) histology and historiology are taken:

0_1523457920634_Screenshot_20180411-164259.png

0_1523457937693_Screenshot_20180411-164158.png

so the only possibility that's left is istorology/istorology/istology

• @sumof1 said in Stop being gay - I will not put a longer title TWS:

@thestrangest vathýtetymology how does that sound i got the vathyt from deeper or revised since finding the history of history is digging deeper in time

That sound great too

• @sumof1 let me check if it's already a thing

• @thestrangest i mean even if we do manage to make one that isn't taken it won't really ever get to the point where it is used

• Watch Anime Eyes

@sumof1

Good i checked and it isn't a thing so we have the choice between something like istorology and vathutology, hummmmm. Creating this word can help in explaining ideas to people you know and not having to repeat the same explanation every time but instead use a code word between you 2. i made the word necrography up (a biography written when a person is dying) and 2 of my friends use it now(not with other people though, mostly among us).

Which one if those 2 sounds better to you? I think the second one sounds better but I'd like to know where you got this vathyt from, what word?

• @thestrangest from a simple translation deeper "βαθύτερη" or "vathýteri" i looked into it and the eri, is more of an accent thing so it doesn't change the meaning if you remove it we can still keep it but vathýterietymology sounds like a mouthful that's why i ended up with vathytetymology which has repeating syllables and is easier to say
    istorology sounds good too, i'm fine with either one or even better why don't you make a post asking people which one sounds better and we can do that one.

• @sumof1 βαθύτερη actually when transcribed becomes Bathyteré/Bathuteré so what about Bathuteology? Sounds good, oh but the "tuology" part might get mistaken for theology so let's use something like Bathylogy?

• @sumof1 nope Bathology is the study of baths

• @thestrangest i am learning a lot of new words today, who would've thought there was a study of baths.