• "It is said that one should keep one's allies within view, and one's enemies within reach. A valid statement. One must be able to read an ally's strengths, so as to determine how best to use him. One must similarly be able to read an enemy's weaknesses, so as to determine how best to defeat him.
    But what of friends? ....
    ....A friend need not be kept either within sight or within reach. A friend must be allowed the freedom to find and follow his own path. If one is fortunate, those paths will for a time join, but if the paths separate, it is comforting to know that a friend still graces the universe with his skills, and his viewpoint, and his presence.
    For if one is remembered by a friend, one is never truly gone." Thrawn

I meditate on this often for i have clinging issues. I tend to try to oversaturate myself with the good people i do find. To allow freedom is the only wise way to keep friends and allow them time and room to grow. This mentality is death to the "cling"ons. But I also see the importance of when my path DOES cross the path of another. There are no coincidences.

• @chewie said in [What do you think of this Quote? and Why?]

But I also see the importance of when my path DOES cross the path of another. There are no coincidences.

This statement totally reminded me of the book "The Celestine Prophecy" by James Redfield . Ever read it? Guy I dated introduced me to it and it was a really good read.

• Banned

@chewie I’ve got a similar saying for you Chewie. Keep you’re friends close you’re enemies closer. Because you trust you’re friends but you can trust you’re enemies more. You know what you’re enemies are going to do to you. But if a friend decides to betray you, you won’t see it coming.

• @Alucard_ Image

• Banned

@chewie Exactly. Windu knew what palps would do. Knew he was dangerous. But he trusted Anakin. Didn’t pay attention to all the signs that were there. And he died for it.

• @chewie I agree, they are meant to cross our path. You know how to cling very nice quote. I'm on it. Let its own token of a friendship seed be planted and learn how they grow because knowing people really well isn't done overnight. Cherish every moment and allow them their independence.
    One thing's for sure, a great being is never truly gone, WILL always here in my memory and thoughts. Worth keeping and remembering.

• @kaia_ yes i am ambivalent. On the one hand i dont want them to get off of my path and on the other the fact that they must make their own path. Enjoying the time I do get to have is the key. Make every moment in this life count.