Would you rather marry the hottest person alive or marry the smartest person alive?

• @Shintaryuu That is exactly what I wrote. I never said that vows are not meant to be followed. Instead, if you read my comment, I mentioned that marriage is not a broken piece of paper constituting vows. You are absolutely true and I appreciate your perception about marriage. Emotions tend to fade away with time, so a marriage cannot sustain if efforts are not made from both the sides to be in that coalescence and to enjoy each others company. Not just that, beyond the scope of this enjoyment, efforts are important to feel each others' shortcomings so that the other person can help. A lot of mutual understanding and mutual respect makes a marriage successful. In my earlier comment I wanted to convey that I wouldn't seek someone too hot or too smart, but a person who has the capability to make me better each day by understanding me and inspiring me with her goodness. And I too have to try to make her happy by respecting her efforts and try to make equal efforts to understand her mind. For this, our mental frequencies and emotional coefficients should match. Otherwise there may not be much harmony in that marriage and, if such is the case, in dearth of mutual understanding, a marriage is destined to separation/ divorce. In my opinion, a divorce is one of the most painful events that a person can come across if s(he) really loves her/ his spouse.

• every smart people will choose smart one