(please Christians only) What makes you a Christian? (please Christians only.)

• Soul Searchers Watch Anime Eyes Gamers

Ppps: I don't mean to be rude or unpleasant but if you're not a Christian and still answer to this make sure your comment has respect in it. Woe to you in Jesus Christ name if you're disrespectful

Do say you're a Christian because you go to church?
    Or because Daddy and mummy say they're Christians so it's same for you?
    Or because you have personally tested the waters?

• I don't go to church but I am a Christian because I believe in God in the holy Trinity. The Father the Son and the Holy Ghost..
    Christian because I believe Jesus Christ is my saviour and died for my sin's.

• Personally tested the waters 🙂 ... I mean everybody should go test those waters themselves, because being a member of a church or participating in liturgy does not get you into heaven and literally every church says that too!

But I'm not a fan of individualistic christianity either, for Christ clearly wants unity, a outwardly visible unity among all those who believe in the triune God:

Jn 17:22-24: And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are on: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

How would "the world" see the unity of those who believe, if they are not part of some community that is visible too?

Being Christian is more than believing that God is triune, more than following any liturgy, more than helping your neighbour. Being christian means loving God, giving Him all, for He is giving you all: Himself. And you do so by doing His will, which is Love's will, which is to love God and thy neighbour and thyself. Which is too, to be in unity with the other christians, and not sneer at each other's speciality but share your wealth of liturgy, of community, of love of scripture, of spiritual gifts, of charity...

• Soul Searchers

@Kaneki-kun I personally tested the waters. I think that everyone should try out a religion at least once in their lives 🙂

By using TalkWithStranger, you are accepting our privacy and usage terms . You must be 18+ or 13+ with parental permission to use our online chatting site.