• Is this getting to be a more common thing, here? Maybe I just haven't noticed much of that, until recently. Sure, there are always the people who share pics that are not actually them, as becomes obvious with a simple reverse image search, but I see "catfish/catfishing/catfisher" in more and more posts and comments these days than I recall seeing even months ago. What's your take? Is this getting worse, now?

• Banned

Address, SGBS BANK Western Union Usine Niary Tally Dakar,
    Senegal Hours: Text or call (+226) 56325791:
    Open today · 8:30AM–5PM

Attn: Valuable Customer:

I am contacting you because I've sent you the first payment
    of $5,000 today from total sum of $7.2 million USD
    as a result overdue contract/Inheritance Funds/Compensation
    Funds and your Lucky Winning funds so far.Therefore you
    need to Contact WESTERN UNION Managing Director Dr.Dr.sarid darpino:
    for hem to give you the transfer payment information
    and MTCN.

Managing Director:Dr.sarid darpino:
    Email:westernuniontransferofficer5//gmail.com
    Phone:(+226) 56325791:

• @wilsonsavage Not exactly irony...but close

• Aren't we all catfish, L, but looking for very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very specific targets?

• MORBHEAD

i don't see what people are talking about...

• Banned

@D4C wHaT iS a cAtFiSh¿¿¿¿

• @Indrid-Cold I begin to wonder if catfishing has different meanings, depending on location and such. Certain recent posts would suggest that the typical 16F Ask Me Anything types may not be who or what they claim. Just attention or affection seekers. But who can say, really?

• @Indrid-Cold said in CATFISH?? Epidemic?:

Aren't we all catfish, L, but looking for very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very specific targets?

Though I think it would be fantastic to find someone here that I connect with I would have no desire to catfish anyone. Here, I'm just myself. I only offer friendship, a bit of humor, maybe some insight, and that's where that line is drawn. Additionaly, I don't feel I'd ever fall prey to being catfished, since I wouldn't accept affection and/or romance, online, if someone were to want to offer me theirs