• What're the childhood toys that stick in your mind, EXCLUDING ACTION FIGURES, FILM AND TV MERCH? Eh?

I remember, I had:

• A little chrome trumpet that shone like spilt petrol on a garage forecourt, but ALAS I didn't grow up to be the white Louis Armstrong.

• A weird die-cast spaceship that my Auntie brought me back from Japan, which nowadays a kid would instantly poke his eye out with and sue her.

• Up the alleyway, was a DANK fruit and veg shop which left cardboard boxes out to rot on the pavement, but the edges were reinforced with bits of plastic, which I took off and used as spaceships.

• Mexican jumping beans, which I believed to be SUPERNATURAL ala the Moving Stones of Death Valley.

• Teddy-wise, I had 'Fergie', a sheep dog, a promotional bear in a blue T-shirt advertising milk (ironic, since Mrs Thatcher had recently banned milk), and 'Super Ted' --NOT merch from 'Super Ted' the TV show, but a home-made lad that my mum had liberated from a hospital playroom while working as a nurse.

Anyway. It's important to share these memories innit?

ted.jpg

• @Indrid-Cold I have two siblings, all boys so I grow up playing their toys like all sorts of gun from water gun to aka real one, all miniature toy soldier armies and balls..During elementary I played chinese garter, jackstone and pick up sticks lol.. I dont have girls kids stuff like dolls,kitchen set toys or make up kit but I have lots of teddy stuff from small to bigger ones human size.

• @Bela-Hella I was always fascinated by the Chinese garter, and skipping and that. It's like, even as kids, we wanted to test how fast we were in case it was The Matrix.

Never played jacks, tho. Might be too ouchy if you sat on one.

• @Indrid-Cold I forgot to mention the skipping rope and hullahoops.. It was so nice to be kids when we dont have to worry of anything but play with playmates, get fight and peace in a minute..

• Banned

There were many, of course. Cowboy cap-pistols, laser-guns, rocket-ships and robots. A child's magic-set (from my favorite uncle), a toy microscope. Racing-track with miniature race-cars. A junior telecope (plastic toy one but you could actually see the moon through it! Almost as well as without it. LOL) and a bop-clown. Nowdays there are so many cool toys available! Recently I bought wooden doll house with nice pink furniture and lights for my sister, she liked it very much!) If you need such eco-friendly wooden toy check Ecotoki.com for more details.

• @Indrid-Cold

A remote control car, a die cast car, an air gun to shut my lil sist when she was grumpy and a tamiya car (this one is the hottest ever in my era)

Do you know Tamagochi or may be Digimon Virtual Pet? It was something that i really love the most rather than my Lamborghini Diecast.

• @G-A You're rght Tamiya was a cool brand, second only to those remotes that actually took real petrol (which was more of a grown-up thing anyway).

My Tamagochi, you had the choice to care for a dog, a fish or a crab, and I chose a crab because the thought of having a pet crab was f-ing surreal.

• @Peter-Ccoxx That's cool. A lot of people wouldn't let their kids play with guns nowadays, but I still think it's OK. You can't go into a fantasy land unarmed, can you?

• Banned

• @Ihateuall I guess Barney was cool. In the right context.

• @Indrid-Cold said in Childhood toys...:

@G-A You're rght Tamiya was a cool brand, second only to those remotes that actually took real petrol (which was more of a grown-up thing anyway).

My Tamagochi, you had the choice to care for a dog, a fish or a crab, and I chose a crab because the thought of having a pet crab was f-ing surreal.

Well i love the digimon version, the one with fire in the tail. My sister had that Tamagochi virtual pet. 😂 yeh that was a cool toy thingy.

For Tamiya, there is no toy could compare with that. You need to do "something tricky" to make the fastest car ever.
    Yeh old toys are good. I miss my childhood

• your stupid fucking bear thing looks retarded