• Today is 21st June, International Yoga Day
    Some Facts about Yoga

1. Practicing yoga can enhance the mood of a person. Breath is an indicator of mood. Yoga is all about changing the breathing patterns and inhaling and exhaling in rhythm with the postures. Breathing in patterns can lift up the mood of a person.

2. Yoga increases one's life span. Yoga aids in expanding the lungs and benefits the heart. Thus, people who practice yoga live longer than those who do not.

3. Nude Yoga is practiced in many parts of the world. People practice nude yoga wherein they do not wear clothes while doing the yogasanas. It is believed that it deepens their yoga practice and teaches acceptance and love for their bodies, along with building intimate bonds with people in their yoga community.

4. 'Doga' is yoga for Dogs. Doga was started by Suzi Teitelman in New York in the year 2002. Owners practice Doga to secure a bond of friendship with their dogs. While doing Doga, dogs are used as props.

5. Hot yoga can be dangerous as it is performed in extreme heat and can affect the body blood pressure and heart rate.

6. There are more than 100 yoga schools in the world.

7. Yoga is banned for Muslims in Malaysia, as the Muslims believe that the practice does not go with Muslim culture.

8. After every 30 minutes of practicing yoga, five minutes of rest must be allowed to the body.

9. Yoga is not just about Asana. Yama, Niyama, Asana, Pranayama, Pratyhara, Dharana, Dhyana, Samadhi are the eight branches of yoga. "Asana " refers to just the third branch of yoga which signifies the postures. Many people think that Asana itself is yoga.

10. According to the Guinness World Records, the world's oldest yoga teacher is Bette Calman (85 years old). However, a 90-year-old yoga teacher Gladys Morris is petitioning the Guinness World Records to recognise him as the oldest.

What's Your Favourite Asana or Posture?

My Favourite is Surya Namaskar
    alt text

Tell me your

• @yoursbucky happy yoga day

• @yoursbucky My favourite is cobra stretch
    alt text

• My favorite position is sleep position
    sleep