Why are people still rejecting vaccinations despite the evidence that it works?

• @Ara LOL there is nothing wrong with holding two contradictory ideas in your head. In fact that is one of the textbook signs of a critical thinker.

• Hahaha I don't know how to explain @bunyonb I talk to God and listen to His voice echoing my heart every now and then. That's when I know God does exist. My Da was ex-muslim, and now a Christian, and my Ma was a devout Roman Catholic lol I am standing somewhere between Catholicism and agnosticism but it doesn't matter, truly. I'm more like "God is my religion" person >_<
    Even when you say you don't believe in God, you just simply accepting facts with evidences and believe in them, doesn't it mean that you also have faith... in those facts? errr like faith in science or something haha idk how to explain faith tho. Even believing in yourself can still be considered as having faith in yourself. Hahaha

• @Ara lol and this is why I said faith is not a bad thing in itself. Context is important. People trust science because we understand that the role of science is not about accepting beliefs without evidence, the evidence that science finds is scrutinized. Everything in science is scrutinized for their validity. We can have faith that the methods of science and the painstaking research that goes into a scientific endeavor would lead to people having some level of faith in the credibility of anything that the science community puts out versus a religious institution that will come up with many illustrations,stories,legends they might even try to blend science in somehow but as long as they cant provide irrefutable objective proof of their claims, then their arguments are more likely to be held in question and heavy scrutiny than secular works. Science does not have an agenda in proposing a belief,it is simply discovering and seeks to provide a plausible explanation. When it cannot explain a phenomena using scienitfic principles it has the honesty to say it does not know.On the other hand, religious dogma in general, are of the intellectual arrogance that not only are they right but they are right with full certainty and unwillingness to change when contrary evidence is right in their faces. Science is merely a formal process in observation and experimentation of the natural world and our interpretation of the evidence from scientific discoveries. It is from these scientific discoveries,the interpretation of their findings forms the basis for our beliefs and at the same time is a human weakness. It could be argued that scientific data can be deliberately manipulated to serve heinous agendas. We already saw this with the Tobacco Industry and concerns about the environment. But that is not the fault of science,that is the fault of people. When we say that we believe in gravity or the theory of gravity it is because we have falsifying evidence that there is a fundamental force called "gravity" as we have labeled it and its act on a falling body. It is no longer a belief or a theory in the purest sense because we can demonstrate it for ourselves. We can believe in scientific data because of its reputation in providing objective evidence with as much unbiased factors as possible and that which can be falsified. That is why when you quote scientific research form peer-reviewed journals,articles,clinical tests any argument you put forth that is supported by these bodies of research, it will add credibility to whatever you argue for or against. Science aims to explain and understand,not to indoctrinate and any "scientist" that indoctrinates violates scientific principles. Science as a collective institution aims to produce more and more accurate natural explanations of how the natural world works,what it is composed of and why it is the way it is now. Science is open to criticism and revision. What could be held as right today could be wrong tomorrow if someone discovered that a popular axiom or conjecture was based on something faulty or misunderstood then you will see a change. Finally,science does not know everything. There are things yet to be discovered and if somebody knows something to work they still have to somehow participate in scientific acts such as making sure that there is a link between the cause and effect,that it is falsifiable to establish some certainty that Y happens if you take X.

• @bunyonb same reason why 60% of Americans don't believe in evolution, STUPIDITY!!!

• @bunyonb IIRC it all actually started because of some retarded "scientist" (don't remember the name) who actually published a paper on vaccines causing autism and it kinda snowballed from there. He was forced to withdraw the paper eventually, but the damage had been done till then - you know how the public gets hysterical and acts on what they hear on the news - actually, not even hear fully - without thinking for themselves.

Can't really pinpoint the root of the problem, though... But I believe that schools are absolutely not helping children learn how to think critically and question things, and this - what to call it - ignorance or attitude of docile acceptance is carried with them into adulthood. We need to learn to distinguish between facts and speculation, and not simply believe everything that we see and hear.

• Vaccinations nowadays have turned into a huge buisness for those big pharma companies that even go as far to create diseases and create a world wide panic just so they can sell their crappy products that contain amongst other things ''Mercury'' which is poisenous and extremely harmfull for your overall health and well being...

• @bunyonb faith is never a good thing.

• @ara Well. You're schizophrenic

• They only work if u want autism

• @bunyonb R U out of your collective mind? Vaccines are a farse!! They are designed to destroy your DNA slowly, they are a means for the pharmaceutical corporations to make money at the expense of the sheeple!!

• @jedifrogmstr Go kill yourself you vaccine hating uneducated fuck

• @jedifrogmstr Got any sources?