• I’ve been dating Mariela from Barcelona, Spain for over a year now. We’ve only met twice and whenever we met we would spend a full month together which is nice… but our relationship is technically that of online romance. Despite the distance and the scarcity of physical contact and meet up for the duration of our year-long relationship, I can say that everything we experience and say to each other is real.

I’m really happy with her and it has gotten to a point where the distance is becoming painful. I want us to be together, live together and have a family together. We are both in the age and state where we can definitely have a family if we want to… so, I’ve decided to propose to her this coming Christmas. I’m flying over to Barcelona to spend the holidays with her and I will pop-up the question after dinner during the eve of Christmas.

I met Mariela through A Foreign Affair, she messaged me first and we continued to exchange letters and eventually gotten to know each other. Receiving her letters became an important part of my day and responding back is always a delight. She traveled to meet me first and spent a full month with me and we’ve decided to continue our relationship through exchanging letters. When I decided it’s my turn to visit her and spend a full month with her… she introduced me to her family and the city she was born and raised. The woman whom I’ve been dating online became even more wonderful.

It’s always amazing being with her and meeting her family. At that moment, I realized that I don’t want to part with her, the distance may have given us a chance to really get to know each other since all we did was talk but it has become painful too. I want to marry this beautiful woman.

Now that’s decided, I want to ask for suggestions and advice on how I should propose to her. Though I’m sure that we love each other, I want to make sure that I propose to her that she would see me irresistible. Any thoughts how to make the most romantic proposal? Please, leave a comment!