• @Lake-Bodom said in you don't have to answer this ...:

@Janet i have given an actual example before early in the chat it was about an artist who had to join the army and serve in ww2 and that changed him completely ...

ok I get that.... I had an ex bf that joined the Marines right before 9/11 happened and he was the first unit to enter Pakistan right after that. That changed him and it was not his choice even though he did choose to enter the military. I do not know that it was predetermined for that WW2 guy to enter the war yet I assume he was drafted and had to go because of that. Its sad but he can choose to change his life after the war right?

• @Janet yes that exactly what i meant , experiences that can change you completely ... and i'm not sure he or anyone else can actually decide to chose a different path right after that tbh that which is im not sure about , that why i asked this question in the first place )

• @Lake-Bodom Our human nature, from my point of view, was formed before it actually existed, and here I mean โ€œthe soul,โ€ so it carries with it its reality, but the material world with which it was created made it bound to a physical bodyand a mind that depends on the senses most of the time to understand what is going on around it, so I believe that the fate of man is not It is predetermined but only known, and the idea of predestination faith comes when a personis unable to clarify knowledge or collides with the unknown.

• @The-Mods i don't know if it is soul or spirit that has no beginning but an ending (as you meant formed before it existed here) but surely consciousness is never dead it is always inherited ... i understand that mostly think so because humans frequently stumble upon the unknown

• @Lake-Bodom Predetermined like everything

• @Lake-Bodom The former. Since we have the power to choose and as they say everything changes. We won't know what will happen next (๏ฝก๏ฝฅฯ‰๏ฝฅ๏ฝก)

• In my life, I did not decide my life, my parents and society deciding who I am. If they decide means my birth decides life. But I am respecting and responding to their word if it is good or bad , so I make a decision in that choice, then it means I am deciding my life.

In my opinion birth give many choices which have same destiny...we have choose the path.

• @Lake-Bodom
    i don't think anything is determined for us, and i don't believe in destiny/fate at all

obviously when you're born many things are predetermined for you. your genetics/country of origin/class status/culture/language/parents/peer pressure/childhood/education/mental health do play a huge role in who you'll become and these things can't be changed, but we all still have free will and a consciousness. ultimately it's up to us to decide who we want to be

it's almost like we're all given pieces of a puzzle and told to complete it. you can't choose the pieces you're given, but you can choose what you'll do with them.

so, in my opinion, l'existence prรฉcรจde l'essence

• @sarah_the_magpie well said!

• I think you determine what you are but at the same time, your education and the atmosphere you live in heavily influence your choices.