• Who says leftovers have to be dreadful? As hectic as things have been, at home, lately, the other night was spent making up several of my mom's special recipes, and today's lunch was made up of those leftovers. :drool:

20201006_141523 (resized).jpg

20201006_141528 (resized).jpg

What's on the leftovers menu? Fried rice, with bacon and white onion, topped with pickled ginger. Mom's Gyoza, which most would associate with "pot-stickers" or dumplings, only mom's recipe calls for beef instead of pork or chicken, and I use napa cabbage, as no-one in Colorado seems to even know what celery cabbage is. Gyoza sauce is equal parts white vinegar, soy, and prepared Coleman's mustard. Anything but, and it's just not the same. Tempura pork, cutlets pounded thin, then batter dipped, then deep fried. The sauce is equal parts white vinegar, soy and sugar. Not nearly as good as my mom's, I'm sure, but still savory flavor favorites, even as Tuesday lunch leftovers! :grinning_face::+1:

• @Lazz MmMMmm....i finally see the gyozas! nom noms!

I want some... well the non pork items. hehe :)
    twiinnnnnnn. i am going to msg you.

• @Rei_90 Next time can make tempura chicken!

• @Lazz let's have a cook off!!! hehehe

btw. that is some good looking leftovers. cook for me twin and send it this way!

• @Rei_90 Cook off? No way, you'd win, for sure!! I'm just pleased you'd even want to try the "basic" things I can make

• Wow Lazzz, your leftover is way too nice. errr, I am so jealous of your meals, ahhaha.. but it goes to a good home, your tummy.

• @AXES Ohhhh, you gotta see some of Rei's dishes. My Twin, SHE not only cooks better, she also takes better pics. Her creations always make me hungry!!

Check some of HER stuff, you'll be drooling, plus she's :fire: HOT, too :smirk:

• @Lazz there is no way that is leftovers. From what a gourmet restaurant. I had oatmeal this morning. This looks bomb. Im coming to your house for dinner.

My Fridge Be Like
    empty.jpg

Im a bachelor so its usually only condiments and energy drinks. Both Wookie favs

• @chewie No worries chewie, we got you :grin:

35432.SX318 (resized).jpg

• @Lazz AARRRRR!!!!! Wookies love Cookies
    good-relations-with-the-cookies-thave-when-people-ask-what-happened-40538082.png

Thanks lazz