ANY MUSLIMS HERE????????

• ????????????????????????????

• @mikeJB Doesn't mean to be rude, but it's hard for me to explain that to non muslims. Religion or faith or belief is something that we shouldn't argue its HOW and WHY. It's not dependent upon a person's perspective, though it is related to science or natural philosophy. Just be a good example of what we have chosen. I see no gain from convincing people our other belief afterall. It's our life, our choice. Live the way that we believe. Belief is belief. I do respect yours.

• @mikeJB Yes, I'm a muslim. Alhamdulillah. Thank you for asking.

• @mikeJB Have a great day. Stay blessed.

• @mikeJB said in ANY MUSLIMS HERE????????:

kindly tell me what the heck Eid al-Fitr is and why its all over my news feed? also tell me why you guys have to have a moon appear before you can celebrate? some Shawal moon????????????

The Arabic/Hijri calendar is a lunar calendar and not a solar calendar. Lunar calendars are based on observation of the moon just as the Gregorian calendar is based on the sun. When a new moon is observable, it means that a new lunar month has begun.

The Chinese calendar is also a lunar calendar.
    alt text
    The starting of The Hijri month "Ramadan" is the month for fasting for muslims. After Ramadan is over, there is a one day festival called Eid-ul-Fitr which takes place on the 1st day of the next month.

• @MY-USERNAME I do not wish to discuss about it. It's a private thing. I will listen respectfully to what you say, not to reply but to understand. Thank you for your opinion.

• yes here it s

• @kaia_ I m sorry.. religion and faith are something to be argued. Everything have to be questioned. Why to become ignorant and not accept the truth just bcoz. Someone do not like it!! We must always keep on seeking and belief is something when we do not have courage to say that we do not know the solution so let's just belief something.
    And faith is what which arrives due to trust.
    But at the same time, we should not ne mean and hurt anyone's belief coz we have nothing to do with their beliefs. But the problem arises when the believers wants the seekers to believe what they believe

kindly tell me what the heck Eid al-Fitr is and why its all over my news feed? also tell me why you guys have to have a moon appear before you can celebrate? some Shawal moon????????????

Eid al-Fitr (/iːd əl ˈfɪtər/ eed əl FIT-ər; Arabic: عيد الفطر‎ ʻĪd al-Fiṭr, IPA: [ʕiːd al fitˤr]),[4] also called the "Festival of Breaking the Fast", is a religious holiday celebrated by Muslims worldwide that marks the end of the month-long dawn-to-sunset fasting of Ramadan.[5] This religious Eid is the only day in the month of Shawwal during which Muslims are not permitted to fast. The date for the start of any lunar Hijri month varies based on when the new moon is sighted by local religious authorities, so the day of celebration varies by locality.
    Traditionally, Eid al-Fitr begins at sunset on the night of the first sighting of the crescent moon. If the moon is not observed immediately after the 29th day of the previous lunar month (either because clouds block its view or because the western sky is still too bright when the moon sets), then the holiday is celebrated the following day. Eid al-Fitr is celebrated for one to three days, depending on the country. It is forbidden to fast on the Day of Eid, and a specific prayer is nominated for this day.As an obligatory act of charity, money is paid to the poor and the needy (Arabic: Zakat-ul-fitr) before performing the ‘Eid prayer.

Eid al-Fitr is a three-day-long festival and is known as the “Lesser” or “Smaller Eid” when compared to Eid al-Adha, which is four-days-long and is known as the “Greater Eid.”
    Amid the reflection and rejoicing, Eid al-Fitr is a time for charity, known as Zakat al-Fitr. Eid is meant to be a time of joy and blessing for the entire Muslim community and a time for distributing one’s wealth.

Charity to the poor is a highly emphasized value in Islam.
    (“Believe in Allah and his messenger, and give charity out of the (substance) that Allah has made you heirs of. For those of you who believe and give charity – for them is a great reward.”)
    some parts are form Wikipedia

• Ex muslim here.
    Leaving Islam was probably the best thing I've done so far in my life. You feel so liberated. I suggest you question your religion more. I still respect Muslims of course but I don't respect the religion. The koran is a horrible book. But I am still forced to fast and celebrate Eid , so happy Eid everyone 😄

• @Ihateualll yes I agree. Islam is a political tool. Are you also an ex muslim?

so everything you do is based on the moon?

No. It is just the Arabic/Hijri lunar calendar that is based on moon. Only the month of fasting, Eid-ul-Fitr & a few other Islamic events are determined by observation of the new moon.

Arabic calendar is not the only lunar calendar. There are many other cultures with lunar calendar. I think Jewish calendar is also partly a lunar calendar.

Most Muslims are non-Arab and they only follow the lunar calendar for fixing a few religious events as i mentioned above. AFAIK most muslim cultures(including Arab Muslims) follow the solar calendar for their secular life and lunar calendar only for a few selected religious events. Most religious practices are not connected to the observation of the moon.

• @Ihateualll If You Wish to get your question answered sister please read this :
    Islam is a practical faith that permits self-defence in certain strict situations. When? Let the Quran explain.

First, the Prophet Muhammad and his companions patiently bore vehement persecution in Mecca for nearly 13 years. This included a three-year starvation boycott from which his wife Khadija later died. Muslims didn’t fight back.

Next, Muhammad sent some companions to seek refuge in Abyssinia under a Christian King, and Muslims still didn’t fight back. Third, when the Prophet’s companions even asked to fight back, Muhammad responded clearly, “I have not been given permission to fight.” And, finally, when the persecution became unbearable, Muhammad and the Muslims simply left Mecca – still refusing to fight back.

Islamic fintech firm first to get UK regulatory approval
    These refugees trekked 240 miles through the desert to escape terrorism, finally arriving in the predominantly Jewish city of Medina. If Islam taught terrorism and enforced Sharia, this was the time to demonstrate this. Instead, Prophet Muhammad formed the Constitution of Medina with the Jews, establishing a unified secular state.

Yet the extremists trying to kill Muslims in Mecca pursued the Muslims to kill them in Medina. And now – finally – the Quran addressed fighting for the first time, permitting Muslims to fight in self-defence. The permission given in Quran 22:40-41 to fight was only given to “those against whom war is waged.” And fighting wasn’t just to defend Muslims from persecution – but to defend Christians, Jews, and people of all faiths. All subsequent verses addressing fighting are pre-conditioned on these clearly outlined rules of self-defense. Otherwise, it’s cherry picking, something the Quran forbids as perverse.

Additionally, Quran 2:193-194 declares that Muslims may only fight active combatants. Meaning, even if during battle an enemy combatant asks for amnesty, you must grant it. In Islam, there’s no such thing as “collateral damage,” mutilation, or torture. All this notwithstanding, fact three issues the death blow to Daesh and Islamophobe ideology.

You might now understand who the Quran refers to when it says “kill them where you find them”. The “them” are those terrorists who persecuted people for their faith, exiled them from their homes and then pursued to kill innocent people in their new homes.

Islamophobia in China on the rise fuelled by online hate speech
    In other words, “them” is close to a modern day Isis. The Quran permits killing terrorists in self-defence because they have waged pre-emptive war against you, or against Christians, Jews, or people of any faith. Yet, even then, if terrorists desist, the Quran forbids aggression against them. This teaching is not mere theory, it’s Islamic history.

Prophet Muhammad did something remarkable when he returned to Mecca after 20 years. Having suffered brutal persecution and murder of even his own children, he offered blanket forgiveness, with the one condition that the Meccans accept universal freedom of conscience. He did not force Islam. He did not wage war. He did not imprison the city. He forgave.

As non-Muslim historian Stanley Lane-Poole attests: “The day of Mohammad's greatest triumph over his enemies was also the day of his grandest victory over himself. He freely forgave the Koraysh all the years of sorrow and cruel scorn in which they had afflicted him and gave an amnesty to the whole population of Mecca.”

(credits the independent(https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/voices/islam-muslim-terrorism-islamist-extremism-quran-teaching-violence-meaning-prophet-muhammed-a7676246.html%3Famp)

• @knownsense I'm an 18 year old girl doing medicine at university, yeah I'm dumb.
    Just because I'm curious about the religion I was born in doesnt make me a hater . How am I being ignorant?
    And Muhammad used to fuck all his wives in the morning even stating he had the sexual power of forty men. Islam is vile and you're a degenerate for supporting it.

• Yes i am, why?

• @HalfDead well as a woman I feel the bible is better than the koran even though they both promote violence and discrimination towards non believers and women. And yes i've read the koran in multiple translations don't ask me to read it in Arabic because I wont and that's not going to change the content of that horrible book. Now I have a thread with some qoutes, check It out.

• @Ihateualll sister firstly Neither the bible nor the Quran promote violence And Also You may have read Quran in many translations but In the online world racists are everywhere, so i dont think you read the real one besides that THE QURAN DOES NOT PERMIT VIOLENCE AGAINST ANY LIVING CREATURE (expect bugs)

• @knownsense right , I can't pm you because you've to follow me first before I can have a chat with you. Maybe change your settings?

• @HalfDead
    They both promote violence and I didnt just read the online version I read the translation of the koran - translated by some Muslim. Both Islam and christianitt promote violence but islam is worse. Can you explain how peaceful these qoutes are to me" And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter... and fight them until fitnah is no more, and religion is for Allah."

— Quran 2:191

Yes Islam is a very peaceful religion, and muhammad was no pedo.

• @mikeJB I am proudly Muslim... Alhamdulillah!

By using TalkWithStranger, you are accepting our privacy and usage terms . You must be 18+ or 13+ with parental permission to use our online chatting site.