• Seasons in the sun. Terry Jack's
    Probably not the saddest song I know. Although it comes to mind about a guy saying goodbye to friends and family as he is Dying of cancer.
    Vincent by Don McClean is also kind of sad. That one tells the story of how Van Gogh slowly went insane.

• if i ever need a really good cry, i can always throw on this song. the story behind it. diana ross is singing about her love and friendship and lover marvin gaye. he was shot by his father in his home in 1984. this is her love letter to him. she is heartbroken as she sings this song. if you watch this and are not crying check your pulse, you may be dead or a robot. tears!!

• Everbody Hurts R.E.M

• even though im a white boy , back in the day i remember these kinda jams, new jack swing style. serenades. bands like SHAI, SILK, BLACKSTREET, etc . ladies tell me if this song does not move you to tears! sadly they are all dead. fkn incredible. but you know what. music lives on!

• originally made as a tribute to their bodyguard that comitted suicide. it is more than that. REAL life man. watch this video and see what heartbreak looks like

• Hi Mike, seen this post in the recent post feed and thought I'd recommend 3 more songs. Knowing your style, I don't think you'd like the Motionless in While song but who knows, I've been wrong before. If you check them out, let me know your thoughts along with your fav sad song.

You Are My Sunshine - Chelsea Wolfe

SInematic - Motionless In White

and if you want an upbeat sad song, here's this
    A New Hour - Mr. Kitty

I have balled my eyes out to this song, the lyrics hit hard
    its kinda strange to cry to such an upbeat dance track

• @Lindsey the first girl sounds like she must really love lana del ray. the second sounds like marilyn manson. 3rd didnt do much for me. gues im into traditional sadness?

• lol i appreciate your thoughts lol I love your honesty, never change mike. You're limited edition.

• @Lindsey many would tell you "thank god for that" !

• lolololol