• Does anybody know why Jesus had to die in order to forgive us of our sins? I do, I'm just wondering if anybody else does.

• @anonymousangel Religion is all make believe. Might as well wonder why the Easter Bunny gives away candy.

• @oldperson Because he can,, dun, dun, dun! But I was actually looking for an answer Old. :)

• @oldperson i agree with you brah

• @anonymousangel he didn't die for our sins since the idea of original sin is disproven by the fact that adam and eve didn't really exist and that evolutionary biology shows us our ancestory

• Dude, I am asking about this question, not whether or not it was real, but for Christians to answer.

• @anonymousangel it wasn't real. That's the answer for everyone

• @anonymousangel just because I'm not a Christian doesn't mean i can't answer

• @anonymousangel I am a Christian. Most of us realize it's not factual. It doesn't mean it's all useless.

"A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:" (Proverbs 1:5)

• That is a very wise Proverb! :) What do you mean, "Not factual" are you talkin about the Bible? I'm just asking, not being rude! A lot of people missenturpet that.

• @anonymousangel HE'S SAYING THAT EVOLUTION IS TRUE AND THAT THE ADAM AND EVE STORY ISN'T FACTUAL which is an opinion i fully respect and you should take his opinion to heart because he's more reasonable than you. I'm only talking about the Adam and Eve story but i wouldn't know his opinion on other things but on this he's definitely a better Christian than you, hell I'm an atheist but I'd even say I'm a better Christian than you

• @anonymousangel Not factual as in most of the Bible is not a historically accurate account. It's largely made up. Take Genesis for example. Modern humans have existed for 6 or 7 million years. We existed that minus about 1,917 years before anyone got around to inventing Christianity. So obviously things didn't happen quite as they are written in the Bible.

I like Proverbs as well, plenty of wisdom there. Another quote I enjoy was from Mark Twain: "God made trees, not books."

• @AnonymousAngel That's a good question that the Bible answers :)

God sent Jesus to the earth as a ransom. The ransom is God’s way of freeing humans from sin and death. (Ephesians 1:7) To understand why the ransom was needed, we have to know what happened thousands of years ago in the garden of Eden. Our first parents, Adam and Eve, sinned. Because they sinned, they died. We also die because we inherited sin from Adam and Eve – the Adamic sin that infects us all. (Romans 3:23; 5:12)

When God created the first man, Adam, He gave him something very precious. He gave Adam perfect human life. He had a perfect mind and a perfect body. He would never get sick, would never grow old, and would never die. When he disobeyed God and was sentenced to death, Adam paid a very high price. He lost his perfect life. Because of what Adam did, “sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned.” (Romans 5:12) When Adam sinned, he “sold” himself and us into slavery to sin and death. (Romans 7:14)

So here’s the ransom enters.
    What is a ransom? The idea of a ransom basically involves two things. First, a ransom is the price paid to release someone or to buy something back. Second, a ransom is the price that covers, or pays, the cost of something.

None of us could ever pay the ransom for the perfect life that Adam lost. Why not? Because all of us are imperfect. (Psalm 49:7, 8) The ransom that had to be paid was another perfect human life. That is why it is called “a corresponding ransom.” (1 Timothy 2:6) The ransom had to have the same value as the life that Adam lost.

How did God provide the ransom? God sent his most precious Son to the earth. This Son, Jesus, was being transferred from heaven to earth, and Jesus was born as a perfect human, without sin.—Luke 1:35.

The first man, Adam, lost perfect life for all humans when he disobeyed God. Could another man remove death for all of Adam’s children? Yes. (Read Romans 5:19.) Jesus, who never sinned, gave his perfect life as the ransom. (1 Corinthians 15:45) His perfect life could be used to remove death for all of Adam’s children.—1 Corinthians 15:21, 22.

How was the ransom paid? Jesus gave his Father the value of his life. In the year 33, on Nisan 14 of the Jewish calendar, God allowed Jesus’ enemies to kill him. (Hebrews 10:10) Three days after that, God brought Jesus back to life, not as a human, but as a spirit person. Later, when Jesus returned to his Father in heaven, he presented the value of his perfect human life to God as the ransom. (Hebrews 9:24) Now that the ransom has been paid, we have the opportunity to be set free from sin and death.—Read Romans 3:23, 24.

But how can you benefit from the ransom? I would like to share you the Bible’s answer for free.