• Gamers

okay so basically i'm a monky

and also I just dropped Despacito 4 , or how I like to call it Despacito Guitar & Bass cover , took me way too much time and tries

also I created new SoundCloud account #nomorecopyrightstrikesihope

https://soundcloud.com/user-147689774/despacito-4

• @JessicaGrant What did you use to emulate guitar and bass patches?

• Gamers

@Morf nothing except my own hands which b r o k e after 2 million tries, fun fact if you listen closely i put together about 3 guitar tracks to form a perfect despacito , and bass has only 2 tracks formed into one

• @JessicaGrant LOL!! Okay, hahahaha!! :joy:

• @JessicaGrant said in JessicaGrant - Despacito 4 feat. Jessica Playing Guitar and Bass:

okay so basically i'm a monky

and also I just dropped Despacito 4 , or how I like to call it Despacito Guitar & Bass cover , took me way too much time and tries

also I created new SoundCloud account #nomorecopyrightstrikesihope

https://soundcloud.com/user-147689774/despacito-4

Jess and her air guitar
    air guitar

• @TheRisingSun Now that's not a nice thing to say about someone who takes pride in their computers and programming skills! :)

• @TheRisingSun Alright, I decided I wouldn't be doing my duty as a real musician if I didn't give an analysis on this debate. So here goes.

You would hear at least minimal fret or string noise, she wouldn't articulate something as fast as a triplet 16th group, which all three notes are plucked exactly the same. Hammer ons and pull offs as well as any legato technique at all would be very suitable for certain phrasings in the melody, none of which are heard.

Not to mention every note rings and resonates exactly the same way every time. The EQ throughout the ranges of both instruments drastically changes at times, very extreme on the bass, which would mean she had two different bass tracks with two different EQs, one playing higher range, one playing lower range, and the bass sound altogether is either string popping every note the entire song, or she would have to have lots and lots of effects processing mixed a Tech 21 Ampeg SVT style effect with its own EQ settings for presence and drive, with stainless steel strings to get that sound, which has only ever been heard from keyboard patches or computer programs and never from a real electric bass guitar.

The technique used to play the melody reminds me very much of a rendition played on a keyboard. Though I would even go as far as to say she didn't play any of it. You can literally program a computer to do that.

It's possible she didn't press a single button on any music emulating device whatsoever, she more than likely programmed it. Notice how it is also very robotically played, perfectly in time, as well as every note plucked with the exact same sensitivity and tambure which would vary if it were any real instrument, even a keyboard with dynamic touch sensitivity, which isn't heard here either. No human factors are heard at all, which even the best artists with the best editing cannot rid completely no matter how good they are, there would be even the smallest variations even during copy and pasting of sections in the editing process. But that would only apply if she were in fact playing an instrument at all.

But if my opinion as a life long and former career musician isn't enough, I could easily get a 2nd and 3rd opinion from a music school graduate and an audio engineer if that would solidify any doubts to my knowledge and experience recording guitar and bass throughout the years.

• @Morf said in JessicaGrant - Despacito 4 feat. Jessica Playing Guitar and Bass:

@TheRisingSun Alright, I decided I wouldn't be doing my duty as a real musician if I didn't give an analysis on this debate. So here goes.

You would hear at least minimal fret or string noise, she wouldn't articulate something as fast as a triplet 16th group, which all three notes are plucked exactly the same. Hammer ons and pull offs as well as any legato technique at all would be very suitable for certain phrasings in the melody, none of which are heard.

Not to mention every note rings and resonates exactly the same way every time. The EQ throughout the ranges of both instruments drastically changes at times, very extreme on the bass, which would mean she had two different bass tracks with two different EQs, one playing higher range, one playing lower range, and the bass sound altogether is either string popping every note the entire song, or she would have to have lots and lots of effects processing mixed a Tech 21 Ampeg SVT style effect with its own EQ settings for presence and drive, with stainless steel strings to get that sound, which has only ever been heard from keyboard patches or computer programs and never from a real electric bass guitar.

The technique used to play the melody reminds me very much of a rendition played on a keyboard. Though I would even go as far as to say she didn't play any of it. You can literally program a computer to do that.

It's possible she didn't press a single button on any music emulating device whatsoever, she more than likely programmed it. Notice how it is also very robotically played, perfectly in time, as well as every note plucked with the exact same sensitivity and tambure which would vary if it were any real instrument, even a keyboard with dynamic touch sensitivity, which isn't heard here either. No human factors are heard at all, which even the best artists with the best editing cannot rid completely no matter how good they are, there would be even the smallest variations even during copy and pasting of sections in the editing process. But that would only apply if she were in fact playing a instrument at all.

But if my opinion as a life long and former career musician isn't enough, I could easily get a 2nd and 3rd opinion from a music school graduate and an audio engineer if that would solidify any doubts to my knowledge and experience recording guitar and bass throughout the years.

kamehameha

• @Morf there's a bit truth in that , but I played it myself ... But there's still one trick up my sleeve , which is A.I controlled Robot Tuner for my guitar , it's really good but it can't play itself , yet...But what it can do is hold up the strings in a perfect position for ever , but you still have to play it yourself and then it's really hard to control and you feel like commiting d e a t h

• @JessicaGrant What makes me feel like committing death is a real musician wasting his time on a joke like this, no offense. I heard dynamic changes in there, which is done through editing, it's obvious to tell when the volume lowers and raises abruptly, it's not subtle at all. Plus your tone never changes, if you were in fact plucking any string harder or even striking a key on a dynamic touch sensitive keyboard harder, the actual tone would change and it would in fact be very obviously heard. What is heard is robotic perfection from programming with complete lack of any human input at all. It's okay. I've been part of projects in which guitarists were hired to play difficult parts simply just to have a guitar sound in the mix, and would produce a recording such as this. They were rightfully fired on the spot, hahaha. Sorry, but not buying this BS. Good day, lol.

• @Morf said in JessicaGrant - Despacito 4 feat. Jessica Playing Guitar and Bass:

@JessicaGrant What makes me feel like committing death is a real musician wasting his time on a joke like this, no offense. I heard dynamic changes in there, which is done through editing, it's obvious to tell when the volume lowers and raises abruptly, it's not subtle at all. Plus your tone never changes, if you were in fact plucking any string harder or even striking a key on a dynamic touch sensitive keyboard harder, the actual tone would change and it would in fact be very obviously heard. What is heard is robotic perfection from programming with complete lack of any human input at all. It's okay. I've been part of projects in which guitarists were hired to play difficult parts simply just to have a guitar sound in the mix, and would produce a recording such as this. They were rightfully fired on the spot, hahaha. Sorry, but not buying this BS.

you may not "take it" , but I don't care and in fact A.I will soon dominate the world so my Raspberry Pi project is not wasting time , there are A.I's who literally generate music themselves by taking samples of music and then play it on an actual instrument with it being absolutely perfect , robotics can do possibly everything , due to power of Scientific Linux distro A.I is capable of calculating phyisics in matter of seconds if you knock on your table that one sound could be emitted again using an A.I by hand , but it still would be you knocking . In fact in future you will propably have singles made only by computers , would suggest taking a look at http://computoser.com/ which produces music on it's own but i can't be bothered to give you a lesson in physics and robotics

• @JessicaGrant said in JessicaGrant - Despacito 4 feat. Jessica Playing Guitar and Bass:

you may not "take it" , but I don't care and in fact A.I will soon dominate the world so my Raspberry Pi project is not wasting time , there are A.I's who literally generate music themselves by taking samples of music and then play it on an actual instrument with it being absolutely perfect , robotics can do possibly everything , due to power of Scientific Linux distro A.I is capable of calculating phyisics in matter of seconds if you knock on your table that one sound could be emitted again using an A.I by hand , but it still would be you knocking . In fact in future you will propably have singles made only by computers , would suggest taking a look at http://computoser.com/ which produces music on it's own but i can't be bothered to give you a lesson in physics and robotics

Oh, so then it makes perfect sense why you felt like committing death and why it was so hard on your fingers, because AI was doing it all for you. Such sound logic and truly deep intellect. Hats off to you for your 4 dimensional thinking. The next time I watch sports on TV, I'll pretend to be out of breath as if I were actually playing them. You should be flattered someone is going to copy your concept. Thanks Jess! :p

• Gamers

@Morf i think you miss the point of sliding your fingers , tell me Morf are calculators a scam and a joke?

you still need input

• Global Veteran

0_1545346709598_UPVOTE ZOEY.png

@Morf i think you miss the point of sliding your fingers , tell me Morf are calculators a scam and a joke?

Well let's see... 586,987 squared is 344,553,738,169, then I divided by 81.696969 to get 4,217,460,480.926777. I just did all that in an instant in my head without using a calculator. So yes, they would be a scam and a joke when I just did that completely in my head without using one. Hehe.

• @Morf well if you consider technology such a scam why don't you calculate and train all the electrons yourself and find out how to communicate with internet services by exact noises yourself and destroy your pc , how about that?

@Morf well if you consider technology such a scam why don't you calculate and train all the electrons yourself and find out how to communicate with internet services by exact noises yourself and destroy your pc , how about that?

I thought you were the genius going to do that o.o

• @Morf I like to automate the boring stuff , that's why i became a developer in the first place

@Morf I like to automate the boring stuff , that's why i became a developer in the first place

I see, I must not fathom anything near your level of intellectual thought then, seeing as how this is explaining why it was so difficult on your fingers for AI to automate programmed music. Well, I guess I'm beaten here.

• @Morf it's not exactly programmed , next time pay attention during your lesson , see me after class