do
    not
    anime

alt text

• FMA: Brotherhood

• Gamers

@jynextremist

Aren’t you a little too old to be watching cartoons?”

Anime and its fans have a bad rep. For some reason, they’re stereotyped by non-anime lovers as being childish.

But the truth is that anime can be a serious business. If you ever find yourself being harassed for watching "kid's shows," here are some points you can use to set the naysayers straight.

1. “Anime” are not written merely for kids

In Japan, the term “anime” is actually a truncated form of “animeshon” (animation), which encompasses all forms of hand-drawn or computer animation. Nevertheless, worldwide, “anime” is used to describe a stylised form of animation popularised from Japan - typically with colourful graphics, vibrant characters and fantastic themes.

Anime can be classified into several categories. In fact, the most popular anime aren’t written for kids in mind. “Seinen” anime for instance are targeted at males aged 18-40, while the “Josei” type are written for females of that same age.

If you want anime specifically for young children, you may consider the “Komodo” genre, which is aimed at all young children. “Shonen” (typically action-packed or comedic) on the other hand are aimed at young/teen boys around the ages of 10-18, while “Shoujo” are anime for teenage girls.

1. Anime can be plenty serious
      Imagine a post-apocalyptic world where humanity must cower behind a series of three massive walls to protect themselves from monsters that have eaten the majority of the world's population.

That’s the tale of “Attack on Titan”, or “Shingeki No Kyojin”. When one of the walls is breached, everything goes to complete hell. Doesn’t sound very much like a kid’s show doesn’t it?

1. Animation can sometimes be better than live-action

What makes a story a story? There must be characters we can connect to or root for, an intriguing plot that will keep us in suspense, and eventually overarching themes that allow us to relate to the story.

Anime has that and more: In fact, the advantage of anime is that it does not have any physical limitations - there are no restrictions to what the animator can draw.

And hey, even CGI is considered a form of animation. The fact is that all anime were created by human beings. And in the end, the story, not the medium, is the most important factor.

1. Anime can be a form of escapism

For many adults, Anime is a great escape from the regular world. For 20 minutes or so per episode, one can be sucked away into a fantastical universe where anything can happen.

• @trose18
    Am the only one who doesn't watch anime?
    Uncomfortable

• @stranger_danger awesommmmmmmeee this is so cool

• Here's my mal, you can pick out good anime to watch for yourself, I have good taste.

• @trose18 banna fish
    One piece
    Black Butler
    Aot
    Tokyo ghoul
    Psycho mob
    Dmmd
    Death note
    Buko no hero academia
    Boku no basket...ect
    I like a lot lol^•^

• @trose18 i like kawaiii anime:innocent: