This is normal chat, don't expect any plea for advice (maybe little) or a story twist worthy of Hollywood
want to start one topic too so -hey!
BUT BEWARE - Wait for a long and probably boring essay
For some reason, these things take me
I have an urge to learn about them as much as possible and I have great respect for them (I don't believe in their gods - a stupid question that everyone asks me)
I have an urge to recognize their traditions as well, because simply looking at the world of such Northerners, Egyptians and Greeks seems wonderful and deserves recognition.
That's the real reason I read, watch and play fantasy (although they are never true to the original)
There are a lot of things I would like to visit in my life (although I doubt I will succeed)
It started when I first saw Percy Jackson films
At that time I loved them (today I already know what the shit is)
The idea of demigods and so many magical creatures and objects fascinated me
I started reading books by Rick Riordan and learned so many things from mythology and I'm happy for that
I read his books perhaps six times and it wasn't enough for me
- From his series PJ I started to love Greek gods and their magic
- From his HoO series I started to love the Roman military and learned about different formations, equipment and positions (I also learned a little Latin and it led me to assassins creed when Ezio was still the protagonist)
- From his trilogy Magnus Chase I started to completely love the Northerners - I also have a lot in common with them, I'm Czech and their culture influenced us a lot
- I've read his other books, but these meant the most to me
I also got other titles
- Tolkien's Books (I Love The Hobbit)
- Harry Potter (not much at the beginning and very end)
- The Inheritance Cycle (Masterpiece, but reading it's a bit challenging)
- The Witcher (quite funny to imagine the monsters in the way the author described them, because I probably do not have to explain to you that Czechs have identical folklore, but we have always presented them in fairy tales as harmless creatures trying to fool people and still fail, or often as impartial pilgrims)
AND GAMES! LOTS OF GAMES!
- Does anyone share my passion with me?
- Take it as an opportunity to recommend some good fantasy books and games or just chat
PS - of course I don't take the facts from those books and games seriously and I always check the information (I swear to god or straight to all the gods that if someone tells me that Loki is Thor's brother, I hit him right in the face)