• So i'm in love with music, but also cinematography relating to music...
    I think a music video can make or break a song completely.

If you're an old soul like me, you might remember the golden age of videography with gems like Peter Gabriel's 'Sledgehammer', or A-Ha's 'Take on me', Jamiroquai's 'Virtual Insanity', or any Daft Punk video XD, that pretty much changed the game at their respective time.

But as technology progresses, funny enough, it seems that the art of music videos is somehow regressing, focusing a lot on pure visuals and not so much on creativity... Or maybe its just me XD

Anyway, I'm sure there are many pearls out there that i might not be aware of, so i would love to get your feedback on what are some of your favourite music videos and how it relates to the music, regardless of the genre you might be interested in.

I could share many, but I'll leave you with a simple one that i really like, although quite old already, the choreography and effort put into it is still quite impressive to me, not to mention i love the song ofc.

Cheers!

• @WaterBearerPT This may not be the best video I have ever seen but it has had the greatest impact on my emotions. The video does not really relate to the beautiful words of the song but the emotions the story of the video creates really left a mark on my heart.

I loved reading the youtube comments too

• Goddam Janet... making me cry was not part of the plan... :(
    Thank you, i know the song but never actually saw the video....
    its beautiful and for anyone that loves animals and has ever had a dog, like me, its pretty much game over....:D
    Totally relates to the song, in the most beautiful and also inexpected way ;)

• Love this topic! I'm going to have a think and try to come back to you soon.

• For me its hard to pick something from top of my head, since I don't pay as much as attention as you do XD
    The most recent visual I was impressed with is a song that Linear linked me few nights ago.
    It just makes a song feel so much more complete

Nothing ground breaking, nothing over the top, just a good visual representation of sounds :).

• @WaterBearerPT

because of how it ended and how some scenes are connected sequentially

• @Malhama scary eye

• @Janet said in Best music video and why?:

@WaterBearerPT This may not be the best video I have ever seen but it has had the greatest impact on my emotions. The video does not really relate to the beautiful words of the song but the emotions the story of the video creates really left a mark on my heart.

I loved reading the youtube comments too

Goddam Janet... making me cry was not part of the plan... :(
    Thank you, i know the song but never actually saw the video....
    its beautiful and for anyone that loves animals and has ever had a dog, like me, its pretty much game over....:D
    Totally relates to the song, in the most beautiful and also inexpected way ;)

• @BlossomingLove said in Best music video and why?:

For me its hard to pick something from top of my head, since I don't pay as much as attention as you do XD
    The most recent visual I was impressed with is a song that Linear linked me few nights ago.
    It just makes a song feel so much more complete

Nothing ground breaking, nothing over the top, just a good visual representation of sounds :)

Havent heard Venetian Snares in a minute! FCKING LOVE IT!

The synchronicity between the beats and the futuristic/surreal vibes, paired with some amazing editing skills, transports you into another dimension, adding so much to an already epic song.
    Apparently it was animated by David O'Reilly, an amazing artist, also responsible for this U2 video i confess i had never seen before until now!

XD Love going down these kind of 'rabbit holes'...

Thanks for sharing Blossom, you're awesome!

• @Malhama said in Best music video and why?:

@WaterBearerPT

because of how it ended and how some scenes are connected sequentially

This movie has amazing cinematography... Beautiful song too.
    Watched it a while back so i dont really remeber the full story, but i do know its a cinephile's classic :)

Now that i think about it all of my favourite movies are also very much connected with their OST.. definitly need to open a post on that! XD

Great choice. Tyvm Malhama!