• I’ve been living in Davao, Philippines since I married my Filipina. It’s been a little over 2 years since I’ve moved. I’m still adjusting to the heat and culture.

I met my wife through one of the singles tour held by A Foreign Affair here in Davao.
    It only took me a full week to fall in love with my wife and the country.

We got married after 7 months in California and we’ve decided to fly back and settle down here.

I love the country! The food is amazing and the people are very hospitable. There are certain things about their culture that I still can’t fully understand and the weather can get significantly warm.

But living here has been nothing but a delight. I was able to open a restaurant and so far everything has been pretty affordable. The amount I’m paying all the bills and what I get to earn is definitely more than enough when starting a family.

Most of my family and friends were telling me how it’ll be hard to make a living if I move here but with what has happened so far, it might be that I just got lucky, but the living expenses are reasonable enough and saving up is going smoothly.

So, if you have any question regarding moving to the Philippines, feel free to send me a private message or post a comment below!