• Banned

Once upon a time while nations were founded upon a simple yet complex idea known as honor. Once upon a time men would rather die than be considered dishonorable. What happened to this ideal? Where did it go? And is our society better off without it? What do you all think?

• That IS the problem with society. No one cares about the things that truly matter anymore. its all tik tok, youtube, and inanity. Instead of respect, empathy, and honor. What our country (usa) was founded on is disappearing rapidly.

• Banned

@chewie Maybe I spent too much time in a history book growing up but I found that having honor mattered atleast to me. Honor respect doing your duty. How different society would be if men decided to be Men and follow honor again

• Banned

@Sassy Very true yet so few people follow honor anymore.

• @chewie said in What has happened to honor:

That IS the problem with society. No one cares about the things that truly matter anymore. its all tik tok, youtube, and inanity. Instead of respect, empathy, and honor. What our country (usa) was founded on is disappearing rapidly.

Well said!

• It's there behind the blindfold.
    You see it in others when you start being what you seek. However rare you wonder, honour earns honour.

No, there's no source of those words, those words are just mine and mine, an opinion. Take it or leave it.

--End of story--

• @Alughost
    i do think that there are still lots of honorable people around - it's just that their words/thoughts are drowned out by all the petty bullshit that constantly surrounds us.

personally, i'd blame various social media sites for amplifying dumb opinions & allowing irrational people to overwhelm all the voices of reason