• 1. 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU: We all love Heath Ledger. He can play a vast variety of roles - from the periodic playboy Casanova to the psychopath Joker, and to the lovely gay portrayal in Brokeback Mountain. In this movie, he plays the bad boy Patrick Verona, who is paid to take Kat Stratford - a feminist, "I don't give a fuck about what you think about me", individual, independent, artistic girl. They are bound to fall in love because they're both broken in some way or the other.

2. TO ALL THE BOYS I'VE LOVED BEFORE: It's a sweet movie about a shy girl and a popular guy. The confusion, all of it - though, I think, what I liked the most is, sometimes you think you're just pretending but you actually end up having feelings. Also, PS I Still Love You is very bad compared to this. Maybe the book was good but the movie wasn't all that good.

3. EASY A: A girl gets paid to say she has sex with guys, but really doesn't, is branded the term slut in her school. She finds herself vulnerable at times and doesn't notice deceptions. In the end, she gets with her childhood crush, the guy who knows her the best, the guy who was the first one to ever make her lie in Seven minutes in Heaven. So he knows that she never really had sex. P.S.- If you liked the story, you should read The Scarlet Letter.

4. THE DUFF: Kinda like Easy A, it's about being proud of who you are, discovering your personality, that phase in high school when you have too many insecurities, and what not.

5. CLUELESS: Everyone watched this. And let me drop this bomb: this movie is also based on one of Jane Austen's novels, Emma. (Emma is a lovely movie too. Watch the one with Gwyneth Paltrow.) The movie's a classic. Nothing more to add.

6. MEAN GIRLS: There's not much to say, but better mention it if you hadn't watched it. Also, did you know that the screenplay was written by comedian and actress Tina Fey?

7. THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER: Now, I know, this movie deserve a spot somewhere in the top because it really is a great movie. So calm, subtle and simple - the movie might be boring for few, but it's about imagining it fully. How Sam and Charlie end up getting together is absolutely beautiful.

8. THE BREAKFAST CLUB: Okay. Maybe a tactic to mention the best ones last, this one's an intense movie. It's not one of those movies that's easy to watch, you really need to feel it. There's a lot of swearing and fighting, so you see what I mean? It's quite different from most of them.

9. THE SPECTACULAR NOW: The innocent character to Shailene Woodley and the been-through-tough-times to Miles Teller really appropriate for both of them. A little bit stereotypical gender-wise, when he's angry and she tries to calm him down and doesn't leave him, we still love watching how they mange it till the end. I personally think that the sex scene, the car scene and the restaurant one are my most favorite.

10. FLIPPED(not high school though, middle school love): This story of Bryce and Juli, the one where the girl is free-spirited and the guy is uptight, just warms your heart. We see how simple it is being misunderstood, the feelings of each person amidst a one-sided love. They finally make it, though. But isn't that just the way movies are supposed to be?

Now, there are a lot of honorable mentions like Say Anything, Some Kind of Wonderful, Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, 17 Again, She's All That, She's the Man,
    Grease,
    and The Kissing Booth.