• So, one of my favorite movies, if you've read my previous posts you'd know, is Pride and Prejudice. I don't know why I like the movie. Maybe the fact that a person who hated someone can fall as deep in love with them intrigues me very much.
    pride and prejudice
    And one of my most favorite lines from the movie, it's not there in the book, which made me realize the importance of screenwriting, is the "Are you so severe on your own sex?" scene. When describing the attributes of an accomplished woman, Mr. Darcy and Ms. Bingley make a list as follows:

CAROLINE BINGLEY
          Absolutely. She must have a thorough
          knowledge of music, singing, drawing,
          dancing and the modern languages, to
          deserve the word. And something in her
          air and manner of walking.

DARCY
          And of course she must improve her mind
          by extensive reading.
          (Elizabeth closes her book.)

ELIZABETH
          I am no longer surprised at your knowing
          only six accomplished women. I rather
          wonder now at your knowing any.

DARCY
          Are you so severe on your own sex?
                        ELIZABETH
          I never saw such a woman. She would
          certainly be a fearsome thing to behold.

She would certainly be a fearsome thing indeed. This is a movie I enjoy greatly because of the fierceness and independence Jane Austen has given to the character Elizabeth Bennet. Now, I'm not saying that I have any characteristic similarities to her. I simply admire her. If any one, I think I would rather be like Jane Elliot from Persuasion.
    As to my other favorite romantic movies, there's a list.

In Time: A simple feel-good movie that makes you appreciate the present that you have, even if you can go back and do it all differently.

Before Sunrise: A surreal meeting between the hero and heroine; they feel a connection on the train and instantly set off to spend some time together else where. The depths of their conversations give me the goosebumps. It's something that one can feel and relate to. A simple, low-budget movie(controversial), where we just get engaged listening to the two of them talk about their adventures to Love Town and the opinions they've formed because of their experiences.

There's a lot more to come, but maybe some other time.