• I am impressed to share in exchange for your thoughts.

Teach your boy the valuable lesson of consideration for the feelings of others. Teach him to disdain revenge. Impress him with this beautiful sentiment: "Write injuries in dust, but kindnesses in marble." Do you agree?

• Great topic. But I tend to think this is a dark, schizophrenic age we're living in, and everyone is CRAZY. I mean, you can try to instill civility as the default position of your kid, but I think it's probably far more useful to tell him OR HER to teach each encounter with another human on a case-by-case scenario, and if they're idiots or scumbags, exploit them or kick them out the way. It's only what capitalism as a whole does; can't have it both ways, can you?

• @Indrid-Cold Have you personally experienced yourself, how it feels to give and not receive back in return what you wish to see?

• @frencha For sure I've been in the bummer situation of going out of my way to do something and receiving NO acknowledgement. And I'm not saying there's no such thing as altruism ...but it's very, very close to being a non-concept, I think.

• @Indrid-Cold It's an ambiguous statement but one in life, we must understand.