A book of ancients

• Global Veteran Hella Assassins

Hey folks! What do you think about to write a funny story? It will be some kind of a game. Each reply is a new chapter. Use your imagination, evolve existing characters and introduce your own. Mix them in a conflicts, kill them and brought them to live again. Free your mind and do what ever you want, until yours own internal moralist will force you to stop. Let's see, what it will be.

I'll try to write the first paragraph.

-----------
    The life of humans is consists ordinary days. And each extraordinary actions begins from an ordinary day - simple event, that starts a chain of unpredictable things. Sometimes we don't notice this things, and after we wonder about the shit that is happening around us.
    Unfortunately, Alfred had to stop this demagogy inner speech with his own, because a flying glass crashed over his head. Those sailors started to fight with themselves again and Alfred had to move in another canteen's room, until that fight involve him too. But "song" was broken, as a glass which became a mass of pieces, and even a whiskey lost it taste. So Alfred didn't see any reasons to stay in this place and he moved toward to the exit. As soon as he touched a door handle...
    -----------
    Not it is your turn to decide, what happened next. Each next reply should continue the previous one

• @sarah_the_magpie said in A book of ancients:

So he does something against his instincts and he goes back to the lower deck.
    While chaos envelops every square inch around our poor Alfred, he makes his way towards the ship's bar. "One beer, please", he says to the bartender. "I'm terribly sorry, but the anti-gravity grenades destroyed all of my beer kegs. Would a cider suit you Sir?", the bartender replies with a resigned look on his wrinkly face.
    "Sure, my dear old friend. One last cider before the sweet embrace of death", Alfred responds and waits for his drink.
    Before his cider could arrive, Alfred hears a rattling explosion coming from behind his back. "The Kinky Octopus has been breached!", one of the sailors yells before he is vaporized by a plasma projectile.
    Alfred turns around to see an army of Imperial cadets, all decked out in antimatter plasma rifles and menacing dark red uniforms. From their ranks, an important-looking officer takes a step forwards and speaks to Alfred.
    "Greetings, I am Rear Admiral Stalin of the Imperial Navy, Second Squadron. As the new Captain of this ship, I sentence you to..."

summary execution. Please, go with your shipmates to the sluice deck".

The use of 'please' disconcerted him, just as if there was an alternative. But this was, after all, how the universe progressed -- the mindless thrusts of The Evil Empire versus the meek parries of the Rebels. Alfred himself was the epitome of a surrendering journeyman - the product of overly strict cadet program filled with awe and a predisposition to daydream. He knew this to be true as he followed the acridly-smoking deck plates to the place of his death. The daydream of the day, the one allotted, was clearly his dalliance with Viveash at the Naval Academy. So ill-fitted as lovers. Soulmates never match-up; progressive civilization never takes hold. His imminent death seemed so apposite.

He decided, with a lop-sided smile, to lunge for one of the grenades affixed so loosely to the bandoleer of his nearest captor. A futuristic weapon to be sure, but he felt there was a slim chance he could detonate it in time.

@Indrid-Cold
    The plan was like a peace of cake. Quickly grab the grenade, activate it and throw it under the legs of rear admiral. Alfred recognized the grenade's model. He was studied it's construction in the academy. Previously he held a training-imitation sample only, but he remembered a theory well. At least he though so. "Such types of grenades produces the blast with unusual wave dispersion." - he thought. - "If I will make a back-flip in time, while the explosion - wave won't touch me and I will survive". There were no more time to think. Alfred pushed a nearby imperial cadet, grab the grenade and activated it. All imperials guns turned over him and Alfred's hand was ready to make a throw of death, which possibly could end this battle..

But fate had another plans on these days. Like a thunder from the sky, that shocked all those whom were around - a loud warcry - "For Vaterland!", filled the air. Wounded but not broken - it was a captain Dostoevsky. He rushed towards to the read admiral, knocking down every imperial on his path and swinging by the augmentations, which ones previously were the parts of his body. Captain clasped the admiral and jumped overboard through the wall hole.

Alfred was confused. The only sounds that he could hear now were the weak groans of the wounded and the loud grenade's metronome, which was still in his hand. He put grenade into a pocket and said...

• Music Lovers

@spaceboy said in A book of ancients:

-----------
    The life of humans is consists ordinary days. And each extraordinary actions begins from an ordinary day - simple event, that starts a chain of unpredictable things. Sometimes we don't notice this things, and after we wonder about the shit that is happening around us.
    Unfortunately, Alfred had to stop this demagogy inner speech with his own, because a flying glass crashed over his head. Those sailors started to fight with themselves again and Alfred had to move in another canteen's room, until that fight involve him too. But "song" was broken, as a glass which became a mass of pieces, and even a whiskey lost it taste. So Alfred didn't see any reasons to stay in this place and he moved toward to the exit. As soon as he touched a door handle...

he feels a bit of serenity in the decision, as his thoughts could only be enjoyed in the sound of the waves and cold of the breeze. Not looking back to the mess he just left, he moves on to the deck, where he is greeted by the captain, cap'n Dostoevsky.
    A man of few words, with gaze of a hawk, which pierces through your soul and looks right into your lies, the captain asks Alfred in a rather calm manner, "What are we running away from, this time boy?"
    Alfred tries to impress the cap'n, "Just trying to find my truth, in the ocean of lies, sir."
    "And I am not paying you to loaf around on my ship laddy, go man the cannons in the lower deck, and tell the boys to board the deck, we are close"

• One Woman Army Music Lovers

@DIVine said in A book of ancients:

he feels a bit of serenity in the decision, as his thoughts could only be enjoyed in the sound of the waves and cold of the breeze. Not looking back to the mess he just left, he moves on to the deck, where he is greeted by the captain, cap'n Dostoevsky.
    A man of few words, with gaze of a hawk, which pierces through your soul and looks right into your lies, the captain asks Alfred in a rather calm manner, "What are we running away from, this time boy?"
    Alfred tries to impress the cap'n, "Just trying to find my truth, in the ocean of lies, sir."
    "And I am not paying you to loaf around on my ship laddy, go man the cannons in the lower deck, and tell the boys to board the deck, we are close"

"to capturing the flagship of the Imperial Navy. I need every laddy on this ship to be ready for a fight of their lifetime. Now scram!"

"Amazing! I cannot believe that I have been entrusted with the cannons!", Alfred thought to himself as he ran down a staircase to reach the lower decks. As he entered the area, he saw that all of the sailors of the ship were still drinking and fighting. After all, it was the happy hour.
    But Alfred couldn't let them drink in peace, for a battle was just about to begin. He stood on top of a wooden table and used all the air in his lungs to yell:

"O hear me now, ye men of valor! The honorable Captain Dostoevsky has ordered us to charge forth and capture the flagship of the Imperial Navy! I shall command the cannons, while you mighty fellows board the decks. Prepare for a..."

Prepare for a long night party! It is a good day to die!"
    The last words of Alfred's speech were lost in a glorious cry of the drunken crew, that immediately rushed to a deck, sweeping everything in its path. Alfred didn't have a time to blink an eye, as he found himself lying on the floor in empty room, with aching jaws. But jaws wasn't a reason to continue to lay, he had to reach the cannons as he can not failed the captain.

Captain was an amazing person. Even his presence could change a people around him. Probably that's why was a reason, why he was appointed as head of «Kinky Octopus» crew. People told a legends about him. Alfred didn't know, was those legends truth or not, but captain's records of service was admirable. Waterloo, Yavin IV battle, Siege of Troy — the little part of it. Even this was enough to say, that captain knew the price of his words, actions and thoughts. And this was enough to Alfred to understood that he had no chances to fail.

Alfred had already came close to the cannon control panel. And he felt down again, as the whole «Kinky Octopus» was trembling. The backlight system started to work and the halls were filled with a sounds of alarm.. Damn it.. Looks like the imperial navy discovered them first, and attacked them.. The com-link was blasted off with the captain“s message: «We are under attack. Physical contact. Repeat! Physical contact!!». Next, one of the walls below the Alfred was cracked.. And he saw a silhouette of the imperial battle pony droid. This mean the only thing — death..

Alfred's life started to ran over his view. Happy and carefree childhood at the polar station in Antarctica. The first ball in the Archduke's residence.. That one was one of the brightest moment in his life, as he met her. She was..

• Music Lovers

[5]
    She was like a bright golden teeth in the mouth of a highway junkie, shining away to glory. The shimmer in her eyes gave him hope, like Hitler did to the 1930 germans. So he;
    snaps back to reality
    Next thing he knows, the imperial navy is using anti-gravity grenades on the lower deck
    oh there goes gravity
    Everyone around him is flying, bumping around each other like its wall mart during black Fridays. He would've cherished these moments and enjoyed a bit of being high without drugs, if it wasn't for the murderous intent with which he sees the cadets of the imperial navy board the kinky octopus.
    The lower deck was in a mess, with the crew in a complete disarray, and the canons rendered useless. By the time he will go to the upper deck to assist captain, he knows the imperial cadets will have already boarded the ship. So he does something against his instincts and..

@DIVine
    So he does something against his instincts and he goes back to the lower deck.
    While chaos envelops every square inch around our poor Alfred, he makes his way towards the ship's bar. "One beer, please", he says to the bartender. "I'm terribly sorry, but the anti-gravity grenades destroyed all of my beer kegs. Would a cider suit you Sir?", the bartender replies with a resigned look on his wrinkly face.
    "Sure, my dear old friend. One last cider before the sweet embrace of death", Alfred responds and waits for his drink.

Before his cider could arrive, Alfred hears a rattling explosion coming from behind his back. "The Kinky Octopus has been breached!", one of the sailors yells before he is vaporized by a plasma projectile.
    Alfred turns around to see an army of Imperial cadets, all decked out in antimatter plasma rifles and menacing dark red uniforms. From their ranks, an important-looking officer takes a step forwards and speaks to Alfred.
    "Greetings, I am Rear Admiral Stalin of the Imperial Navy, Second Squadron. As the new Captain of this ship, I sentence you to..."

@spaceboy
    He put the grenade into his pocket and said "Not today, my little explosive friend. Not today... "

Alfred walked around the upper deck of the ravaged Kinky Octopus. What had before been a lively vessel of jolly captains and rowdy sailors had now become a floating graveyard. The only sounds his ears could pick up were the groans of the injured Imperial cadets and the waves of the Infinite Ocean crashing against the bow of the now-rudderless ship.

Just as Alfred began to enjoy solitude once more, a man came up from behind him. It was the Bartender of Doom. "Here's the cider you ordered, squire", he said in his raspy voice.
    "Oh my, the slowest bartender in the world has finally arrived. What took you so long, you... asshole??" Alfred uttered with hostility as he grabbed the drink he had been waiting for so long. "Now go away and let me drink in peace."

As Alfred lifted the rim of the glass to his luscious lips and greedily sucked on the sweet liquid nectar within, he heard someone call out his name.

@sarah_the_magpie
    He hear someone call out his name. It was a battle pony droid. In the last vast of events, Alfred forgot about this ruthless death-bringer. But without it's master that droid transformed into useless machine without a goal. As each standard pony droid's completion involved an empathy module - it said: "Alfred, I am over it! You see I’m falling in the vast abyss... Clouded by memories of the past... You see I cannot be forsaken, because I’m not the only one, we walk among you feeding, raping... But now, I want to skip a few glasses with you. Take my hoof now, and be alive!".
    "I born under the sign of lucky start" - Alfred though and both of them went to the bartender. - "Strange, he was just right there and where is he now?". There were no any traces of presence of the doom's guy, but instead there was a very strange noise from the storeroom. No any known mortal words could describe that sound.. Some could reach euphoria, by listening this. Others became gray-haired in a seconds.. Alfred tensed up..

By using TalkWithStranger, you are accepting our privacy and usage terms . You must be 18+ or 13+ with parental permission to use our online chatting site.