• @Matt_Aranha
    a country is not just a collection of bureaucrats, politicians and agendas. a country is a community of people bound by common national ideals, a common understanding of things and a desire to make each other's lives better.

it's true that everyone on earth is interconnected and it is important to help those in poverty to reach their full potential, but i do not understand what is supposed to be wrong about wanting to see your country succeed. it doesn't mean that i somehow hate every other country on earth, it just means that i care about the people in my country and i want us to collectively succeed.

the world we live in is not a borderless & nationless communist utopia, it is a chessboard of conflicting national interests and you have to make sure that the voice of you & your community is heard

• @sarah_the_magpie said in Are you a patriot? Why? Or why not?:

@Matt_Aranha
    a country is not just a collection of bureaucrats, politicians and agendas. a country is a community of people bound by common national ideals, a common understanding of things and a desire to make each other's lives better.

it's true that everyone on earth is interconnected and it is important to help those in poverty to reach their full potential, but i do not understand what is supposed to be wrong about wanting to see your country succeed. it doesn't mean that i somehow hate every other country on earth, it just means that i care about the people in my country and i want us to collectively succeed.

the world we live in is not a borderless & nationless communist utopia, it is a chessboard of conflicting national interests and you have to make sure that the voice of you & your community is heard

You are right of course - a country is much more than people and agendas - but to say a country is a community bound by common ideals and such is not something I can agree with. If it were that simple then countries would not suffer the wide political divides they do. We would not have civil wars or the break-up of states into smaller nations. In the European Parliament we would not see parties from different countries allying themselves with parties of other countries regardless of each nation's present administration.

Humanity's issues cross a broader spectrum than just poverty. I haven't said anywhere that there is anything wrong with wanting your country to see your succeed, only indicated (I hope) that my preference is a more altruistic one where we all succeed. Nor have I suggested the world is a borderless utopia - although how different would things be if it were and those conflicting national interests you mention were a thing of the past or had never even been an issue in the first place?

• @Black-biler and I don't know it seems that patriotism tends to make people very narrow-minded... I mean I'm willing to accept the opinion of how they feel but they really seem to have a problem that we're not really raw raw Patriot people I mean it seems more like they're trying to convince us then we're really trying to convince them what is that?

• @pe7erpark3r I concur pe7er... Being German and not knowing much about my family history because the war has made it very difficult for me to track them... But i know where you are coming from. I feel this as well..

• @Matt_Aranha couldn't have put it better myself. It's all a horrible fucking game played by the so called elite

• @Matt_Aranha still debating the same thing... The my house Vs love everyone view... Magpie is for her house... That's good home and hearth and all that solid foundation stuff... And we are saying thumbs up maglie but we an to care about the health and well being of our neighbors... And not In an" here's a bottle of water I'm talking all your oil" kind of way ... Does that help anyone? Cause baby you know all I wanna do is dance

• @cant-breathe that mullet guy is doing the classic "i need to scratch my itchy ass in a public place but dont want anyone to know" moves

• @Scottish what mullet guy? Sorry?

• @Scottish the pic froze u mean MY mullet guy yes he's rocking sexy lll8

• @cant-breathe the one in your meme, he has a mullet

• @Scottish said ya saw pic and app froze thanx

• @Scottish actually surprised to see you here this seems a bit long winded and I know how you hate posts like that... Did you catch up on a lol the posts or just Maggie? It's a lot of reading I know😶

• @AllAboutGay Why don't you establish your own commonwealth of gay people ruled by a gay government and claim yourself as a gay president? You will be able to sign gay laws in your gay cabinet as well as to command gay armed forces in case of homophobic threat.

• @AllAboutGay I have nothing to do with this, I swear!

• I will be much pleased if could write me back at my private mail, ([email protected]) in other to know ourselves more better and efficient thanks