• I think not. Not really. In my opinion, altruism is just the most social acceptable form of egoism. It’s important to note here that if you help people while being forced by some external conditions – that, of course, can’t be called altruism. When you are helping people in order to get additional benefits – that’s egoism itself. Altruism is when you are helping people because you want to. Eventually, one can conclude that you are doing it for yourself. Hence, Altruism is egoism.

There are many reasons why people do it. I don’t know if I am an altruist or not. But when I'm helping someone I feel good. Does that mean that I am a good guy? Of course... not. There can be a lot of reasons for such noble (at first look) desires, these are low self-esteem, that needs to be rised, vanity, arrogance and so on.

And I think that the reasons of altruistic behaviour listed above can be attributed not only to me.

I only hope, that maybe I am wrong supposing that there is no absolute altruism, and there are no people who feel gratuitous impulses to help people around.

I hope you are one of them.