If your boyfriend who is the father of your daughter is threatening to take her and not give her back what are your rights?

• If your boyfriend who is the father of your daughter is threatening to take her and not give her back what are your rights?

• Hi Guest,
    first of all it would depend of the law system of your country, the age of your daughter, if the father recognized his daughter at birth, if he cares or is able to raise her, if he did before ... Can't give a precise answer with so few elements

Most countries simply consider the well-being of the child, depending on the revenues of the parents, the way they care about their well-being, and if the child could be in danger with one or the other parent
    If the parents are not able to agree on the child's custody on their own, then it's to a court to take a decision...

None of the parent has the right to deprive the other from seeing his child unless it is stated by a court...

Do you have proofs about the father threatening you ? Whitnesses, audiotrack, or messages ? This could be a start to ask for help, start with a lawyer or even simply to go to the police to ask for protection...
    Anyway, don't stay alone with that and find people close around that could help you.. Family, friends...

I'm divorced with two kids, we split the custody half to half with my ex-wife, not an expert but I know a bit about how things can go right or wrong in this matter.
    MP me, if I can help a bit, I would.

Good luck

• I wonder