• @petrapark3r ....okay, I forgot to dot my"i"s and cross my "t"s @petrapark3r . What I was trying to say was (1.) test theory; the numbers and facts quoted are not tested scientific, if you read the fine print in the article itself on "overpopulation " it says "this is based on present fact and limited science with a margin of error of 0.02% or higher, on data" This is saying that many, many things have a roll of the dice chance of happening, or we could possibly roll back environment laws to the stricter 1990's possibly.
    (2.) My numbers were based on educated guesses of my income, the GDP(how much money a country spends vs. what bank interest rates are) of what I SHOULD be able to save and the truth of how fast my spending goes due to things (sickness, health, taxes, how much i spend to ride a city bus, and so on and so on)beyond my control .

• @petrapark3r What I meant was that there are little possibilities for everything. I did not mean that new things won't be invented to replace the old ones, obv they will. I'm just worried cuz of the bleak possibility of things not working the way we will want them to in the future. Thats all. But maybe they will. Who knows.

• @petrapark3r
    after reading half I thought this planet needs thanos more than ironman. but I guess yeah. not all people get facilities/food as they need to. sounds like lack of supply not lack of production.
    u said increasing rate is 1.06% is that after subtracting decreasing(death) rate or before that?
    n I noticed tags this time 😇👌.

• Technology is what really overpopulates the world, People in high places encourage raping the world of it's resources, as they claim vast majorities of land, and populations. They create weapons to prosper further, and scheme to reduce the populous for reasons of delusion, and grandeur. As the world becomes more like a ghetto they use the idea of overpopulation to cover their tracks, and encourage themselves along with their followers to find clever ways to reduce the population when really it's more of a means of having power, and ruling with an iron fist using tactics of confusion, and chaos to maintain their sick ideas of order.

• @OliveOlivia said in Fact check with Pet: Overpopulation:

@petrapark3r when theres 7.5 billion people and growing, the number is almost 0. I didn't say 0. If you want to get technical its like 0.01%. as I said, we can fix it. There is salvation. I just know it wont happen and that's just facts, sadly.

Take india for example. Today, virtually no child dies of hunger. This was by far not the case 20 years ago. We have made enormous progress. But. Not dying of hunger, and having the luxury of having time for other things than work during your days, are 2 different things. Point here is, that most of the people on the planet, do not have the luxury to worry about the planet. But as you can see, we are moving in the right direction. And the internet is reaching millions of new people every day. This is why I said we have to push developing countries over the limit, where they can and will start worrying about the planet. And we are getting there. It feels really close. Well, in global society "close" sense, e.g. the next 50 years, we might already see big changes.

• @Sabo-go-thud said in Fact check with Pet: Overpopulation:

@petrapark3r ....okay, I forgot to dot my"i"s and cross my "t"s @petrapark3r . What I was trying to say was (1.) test theory; the numbers and facts quoted are not tested scientific, if you read the fine print in the article itself on "overpopulation " it says "this is based on present fact and limited science with a margin of error of 0.02% or higher, on data"

You mean the wikipedia article?

Yeah, measuring those numbers is difficult, and to get the prognosis right just as much. And yeah, many things can happen in the next 50 years, that divert us upward or downward from the prognosis I made. But the trend is clear. If nothing absolutely unexpected happens (like someone invents a drug that gives us eternal youth or something), then birth rates will continue to go down. And obviously people will continue to die.

And the numbers about the food production, even if they had an error of 10%, would still work out.

You mustn't forget that "Overpopulation" is a worry of the rich, e.g. us. Because we are the ones consuming most of the meat. We are the ones, having most of the electronics. We are the ones having most of the technology, that polutes the air and eats up the resources. And in the less developed countries, it is the rich too, who fear, that they might have to share those riches, with the masses.

• @dragonfly33 said in Fact check with Pet: Overpopulation:

@petrapark3r
    after reading half I thought this planet needs thanos more than ironman. but I guess yeah. not all people get facilities/food as they need to. sounds like lack of supply not lack of production.
    u said increasing rate is 1.06% is that after subtracting decreasing(death) rate or before that?

Yes, that is after subtracting the number of dying people. Yes, it is a lack of supply. There is enough food.

:joy:

• @dragonfly33 said in Fact check with Pet: Overpopulation:

@petrapark3r

Yes, that is after subtracting the number of dying people. Yes, it is a lack of supply. There is enough food.

:joy:

Let me add something to that: the actual problem is an economical in nature.

• @DIV said in Fact check with Pet: Overpopulation:

@petrapark3r said in Fact check with Pet: Overpopulation:

@DAD_ said in Fact check with Pet: Overpopulation:

@petrapark3r

The dangerous thing isn't overpopulation,
    But the over-exploitation by the limited population.

There will surely be a stagnation point in the population growth curve, as the technology increases, so does the medical facilities. And hence, the infant mortality rate decreases, and people in the under-developed states, reproduce less.

Now to the topic;

The biggest flaw of statistics is that it takes everything to be ideal.

All the numbers you have, is based upon this assumption that everything will be fine; No natural disasters, No all out wars.

:joy: funny that you should mention those two things. Because you know, natural disasters and all out wars will have one effect: they will decrease the population drastically. So, as cold as this might sound, but these things would actually make it easier even.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_Clock
    We are closer to doom, but there is still hope.

In this era of weapon of mass destructions, Bio-weapons, chemical warfares.
    Humans surely will die, but with it will die humanity.
    An estimate shows, that a nuclear conflict between two states, can put the whole world in a 'nuclear winter'.
    TLDR of a nuclear winter; by the debris and ashes caused by the nuke explosions, an artificial layer of soot will be created blocking any and every sunlight, which would prevent the plants from performing photosynthesis, not to say the radioactivity degradation of land, air and water;

Quoting the father of atomic bombs, "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

But this can be prevented, only if we put aside our egos

yeah, if we become humble.

Something which cannot be prevented are the Natural Disasters;

Just a glimpse of what a the wrath of nature can do;

aye. those things are true. it dooms 7 mio as much as it does 7 billion people.

only question is: should we live as if there was no tomorrow?

Mount Toba explosion 75,000 years ago

• caused a global volcanic winter for 10 years.
    • decreased the global temperature by 10 Celsius, destroying almost all of the non-tundra vegetation, and temperate vegetations.
    • decreased the population of humans to approximately a mere 3000.
    • released more sulphur di oxide in the atmosphere, which the humanity after 500 years of heavy industrialisation has failed to produce, in a single day.

And that is only one weapon, the Mother Nature has in her arsenal.

So what about food? We use 77% of what we produce in agriculture to feed our lifestock. 67% of what we eat comes from plants, 30% from meat. Keep these numbers in mind for we are able to feed 7.5 billion people right now!

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/sep/12/third-of-earths-soil-acutely-degraded-due-to-agriculture-study
    This study tells that, 24 Billion tonnes of arable land, goes to waste each year due to intensive farming. In the words of The UN Head;

Screenshot 2019-07-17 at 18.15.51.png

So, if we are able to feed (in an ideal situation that is) 7.5 billion people each year now, I doubt that will be the case in the upcoming years.

Yeah, that is one of the problems that needs solving. However I don't actually know how much 24 billion tonnes are, and I don't quite understand even why this would be measured in tonnes in the first place instead of square kilometers. Maybe to make the number sound bigger?

Screenshot 2019-07-18 at 14.08.15.png

24 billion tonnes arable land = 6.5 sqKm land

That is 6.5 sqKm land getting degraded every year.
    To put it into perspective, that is more than 1 Vatican each year!
    or
    1 Gibraltar Island each year!

in other words it would take... let me calculate that... it would take us 7 million years to destroy all arable land at our current rate... no wonder they measure it in tons :joy:. But yeah, we should still put a stop to it. However I suspect your calculation there is off. I think it must be a bit more. Anyways.

This is exactly the way we are being lied to. This kind of thing is exacly why I made this topic. To raise a bit of an awareness, to how the people who "want to raise awareness" to things like "overpopulation" manipulate us...

• Let us end this overly stretched UN meeting. Delegates and council members are expected to go back to their respective caves. Condoms and adoption services will take care of overpopulation issue.