Damn it, I need a table!

• Global Veteran Hella Assassins

Yesterday, I woke up and decided that I had to buy a new table for my apartment. Of course I could ordered it through the internet, but I like to walk. Why not to mix kind with wealthy. I marked some furniture stores in the google maps, and started my journey.
    Unfortunately it wasn't my lucky day, as I didn't find what I want. Maybe the problem was because of 13th number on the calendar.. Who knows.. And when I was on my way home, what a heck, something pulled me to cut my path and forced to walk through a cemetery. While I was walking through it, I noticed a pair. Man and woman, they were observing the graves and monuments. As are ways crossed, they asked to me:
    "Excuse us, cat we talk for a while. We're trying to gather a public opinion." - they said. I didn't hurry, so I agreed to listen them. They continued: "Nowadays there are lot's of suffering happens and people are started to blame the God in it. Do you agree with is? Do you think that this is a God fault? Did you read a Book of Job".
    Or dear.. That were a missionaries from pseudo-christianity sect, who decided that I am their client. But they didn't understand one little detail. Actually they were my clients :smiling_imp:, and I dropped off the mass of my consciousness, on their unprepared minds. :innocent: The debate was started from a differences between religion, church and faith and ended with a discussions about the problems of dualistic perception.They tried to interrupt me, with some quotes from Bible, but at the end they thanked me for the conversation. And I continued my journey for searching the table.. I didn't think about table anymore. I felt an emotional inspiration, after I spoke with them.. It was look like, I dried them off.. I heard previously, from the people who surrounds me, that sometimes I behave like energetic vampire :japanese_ogre: :hearts: Who knows.. Maybe there is a part of truth in it. But damn it! I didn't find a right table, that I want! Damned 13th number.

And what about you? How are you superstitious?

• Global Veteran

@spacegirl

Fapping with my left hand is bad luck unless i sit on it for 15 minutes so it falls asleep and it doesn't feel like it is attached to my body anymore, in that case it's ok.

• @spacegirl Well..I never lie when I have my exams going on(who knows God might fail me for lying😂) and I also tend to help people more often during this phase you know in order to add to my assets😅 (I do always try to help people but during exams I tend to grow magnanimous.)

• tws gay club but no homo Watch Anime Eyes Gamers

@spacegirl next time try to buy it online 😂😊

@Anastasia-Smith Does it help you? :-)

• @spacegirl haha now that's a thing to ponder on. I generally get good grades so idk if this thing adds to it but better be safe than sorry.

• @Anastasia-Smith said in Damn it, I need a table!:

@spacegirl Well..I never lie when I have my exams going on(who knows God might fail me for lying😂) and I also tend to help people more often during this phase you know in order to add to my assets😅 (I do always try to help people but during exams I tend to grow magnanimous.)

Yap, you are right, that is a kind of superstition. At first I thought, what? How can not lying on your exams be superstitious (because it is the freaking best thing you can do, truth is the only way of beeing that actually helps you bring good things into existence). But the reasons make sense, yeah.

I also never lied on my exams, thought it silly. And I do try to behave certain ways because I actually believe in God and I believe he would want me to act this way, but obviously that is not superstition. Hmm. Superstitious. I wonder?

I mean I always suspect that this or that little thing that happens might be a sign. But I think it might also not be, and it's not like I act on every little thing that I see, so that doesn't really qualify as superstition either. This thinking btw. is completely rational once you understand that my faith in God is not just believing in certain doctrines! I do believe that God acts in my life, right here, right now, every day. It's just only recognizable in hindsight most of the time. I think people who say they believe in God but then act like He's not there are silly, even a bit mental. I mean either you believe He's not real, and act accordingly, or you believe He is real (and present) and also act accordingly. But anything else is just complete bullocks...

I think I was superstitious some years back, getting freaked out by some noises I heard in the basement or stuff like that (usually a mouse :joy:) I never believed in friday the 13th, but it got even less real when I realized that the 13th of the month is the day when the Virgin Mary appeared in Fatima (for 6 months). So the 13th is a good day to me.

Hmm, where am I superstitious? Well of course lots of people might call my faith in itself superstition. But most of those people lack the ability to even reason (yes they lack rationailty) about it properly so why should I care? And I even do enjoy a good conversation with one of them, when he or she is capable of reasoning about it properly :grin:

• @petrapark3r I guess thats a superstition which is supposedly common in many students!😂

• Global Veteran Global Moderator

@spacegirl "Everyday may not be good, but there's something good in everyday". The rewarding part was meeting those two people.

They said that when your palm starts to get itchy for no reason, there's money coming to you...😂 😂 I want my palm to get itchy!! 😂 😂

@TheRisingSun Trying to simulate the handshake with strangers with your body? ;-)

@petrapark3r As for me, relating to the exams, the good sign was the feeling - that I didn't remember anything. Like a blank sheet of paper, that suddenly filled with answer, as you got your question.

@dragonfly33 said in Damn it, I need a table!:

@spacegirl next time try to buy it online 😂😊

While buying furniture online, you loose an ability to check it with your own eyes and hands. Also you loose the ability to walk through the cemetery ;-)

• tws gay club but no homo Watch Anime Eyes Gamers

@spacegirl yeah.. I got it. even I also didn't bought furniture online yet. but I guess I furniture is faulty then u can return it I think .. even tho its upto u coz its ur apartment and ur furniture😂. just remembered I have a trolley in Amazon wish list 😂

• @Cathy-Fisher said in Damn it, I need a table!:

@spacegirl "Everyday may not be good, but there's something good in everyday". The rewarding part was meeting those two people.

They said that when your palm starts to get itchy for no reason, there's money coming to you...😂 😂 I want my palm to get itchy!! 😂 😂

Uh itchy fingers. Yes want those too :heavy_dollar_sign: ka-ching :joy:

• @spacegirl I know this isn't especially helpful in the context of your post, but I'm too tired to think right now and it is all I've got.

@Matt_Aranha Nice song, Thnks!

By using TalkWithStranger, you are accepting our privacy and usage terms . You must be 18+ or 13+ with parental permission to use our online chatting site.