• garnet image.jpg

Do you wish you were less opinionated? Me, I honestly don't know. I mean, it's good to have a very distinct personality, and I'm a firm believer that, just by being alive and in a certain place at a certain time, you develop your own political 'stance' and there's nothing wrong with that.

But at the same time, I have opinions about MOST things, and that's not really cool, is it? I dare you to give me a topic or a thing, and I'll probably have an opinion about it, THO LORD I WISH I DIDN'T.

A good example is music. In my office, we listen to Absolute 80's most of the day, and most of the tracks are AMAZEBALLS. But I've got a big cringe-spot when it comes to Dadrock. We're talking Journey, Whitesnake, Kid Rock. Once, embarking on a romance with a girl, she suddenly said to me, apropos nothing, "You do like Bryan Adams, don't you?"

And I was like,

cobain.jpg

And yet, here's the thing: if you take into account the fact that Bryan Adams and the like are all solid performers, with STRONG riffs and a stadium gig work ethic ...what right have I got to dislike them? How can I even be sure that the reason I dislike them is just that, when they were originally in the charts, I just associated them, Pavlov's Dog style, with something completely unrelated from my life?

And so me question is this: if you could erase some of your opinions to start afresh, would you do so? What opinions would you choose? What if you just ended up in a complete mess like
    momentum.jpg

Eh?