• Why do we crave friends and popularity?
    Personally, I find being alone very comforting and in fact I probably prefer it most of the time. This will probably sound weird and sad, but when I'm alone it is almost like I am my own friend. I get along with myself really well (I promise I don't have split personalities or something).
    Anyways, loneliness doesn't feel lonely to me, it feels peaceful and can be fun. I have never met someone else to share this perspective of loneliness with me, and because I feel this way, I can not understand other peoples needs to have friends and constant company.
    What are your views on loneliness? Do you like it? Why do you think people feel the need to have friends and stuff?

• @TheGoldenMole

I tend to be the type of person that feels lonely among friend, no matter what we are doing. It's not that I don't enjoy going out with them, or having fun with them I just feel like something is missing and I guess the source of my loneliness is when "romantic" love is lacking.
    So I do get your prespective about enjoying being alone. At least to me, it's easier to be alone and having time for my own cuz it's easier and more logical to feel lonely when you are alone rather then you are among friends and family. On the other hand I try to avoid this kind of feeling and entropy cuz I know that I should go out, have fun and get to know more and more people!

• @Lurker If you're lonely with your friends then why hang out with them in the first place? Is it a different kind of lonely than from actually being alone? Does this lonely feeling make you still want to have friends?

• @TheGoldenMole

Yes, it's a different kind... Let's just say I grew used to feel lonely when I'm alone with myself so being with my friends is like getting off my confort zone. I still feel lonely with them but leaving my confort zone is something important to me that I feel that will make me grow as a person, plus I dunno if you feel this, but I feel the urge to make this loneliness go away and I meeting new ppl is helpful!

• @TheGoldenMole said in Sweet Sweet Nothing:

Why do you think people feel the need to have friends and stuff?

FRIEND is just a 6 letter word, but are the something as important as Oxygen is to Life.

If you don’t have friends, then you have none to share your joy, your success and no one to back you in your failures and no one to give that one hand to lift you up when you are at your lowest (You obviously can’t share every thing with you siblings/parents).

Friends explain you the subject you are weak in and make sure that you pass in it. Friends make sure that you are not enjoying alone at home and will always be there to trouble you. They will call you late at night making your parents think you are in a relationship.

Friends will be there for you if you are in trouble and even when you are not. They will never speak up to you that they care for you but will make sure that no freak troubles you and that you are safe. They make sure to burn you as well. I remember one of my friend say X took a picture with another friend, Y’s crush and uploaded it on his WhatsApp story. Y just lost his mind and blocked X.

They troll and make fun of you in front of you but somewhere they will be fighting someone else who made fun of you.

:joy:

• This is a great topic. I was thinking of posting the same 'contention' myself. @Lurker is right to mention romantic love. It's the weirdest thing. I've never once felt lonely. EXCEPT, EXCEPT, EXCEPT the two or three day period after splitting up with a skirt, when it's all kinda profound, and surreal, and you question the whole idea of consciousness, and maybe there's no actual 'dual' nature to the human mind as we all assume, and your missus - maybe she was actually part of the nature of reality, and now you don't really exist? This sounds like a comedy bit, but I'm serious.

Of course, after a day or two, it wears off, any everything's fine, but ...mental, huh?

• @Lurker Wow, that sounds tough. But no I don’t feel that, lonely doesn’t feel lonely to me, it feels good. Therefor everything is my comfort zone because I’m comfortable with myself so I can be comfortable around anyone else as well

• @Saloniii Hmm, I guess this makes sense. Social support is very beneficial and important, I guess friends can be too.

• @Indrid-Cold Do you think romantic relationships are more important than platonic ones?

• @TheGoldenMole of the four romantic relationships I've had, three months, a year, ten years, three months, only one has ended on amicable terms, therefore ...dunno. What do YOU say, GM?

• @Indrid-Cold I think romantic partners come and go, and good friends are forever. The best romantic partners are friends as well and I think those are the only ones that matter. Romantic friend/partner and family is all a human needs

• @Indrid-Cold said in Sweet Sweet Nothing:

EXCEPT the two or three day period after splitting up with a skirt,

How do you manage to settle your thoughts so fast? I wish I knew the answer to that!

@TheGoldenMole said in Sweet Sweet Nothing:

Wow, that sounds tough.

Everyone has their own challenges, I don't see it as tough, I see it as growing up! :D