i want to know what islam really is

• Allah

Muslims believe in the one Creator of the Universe, referring to Him as “Allah” which is the Arabic word for “God”. Muslims worldwide, even English-speaking Muslims, frequently use the Arabic word “Allah” because Arabic is the language of the Qur’an. But Allah is no different than the God of Abraham, Moses and Jesus. The Creator is the Creator regardless of what people call Him. In the English language He is most commonly referred to as “God”. Yet Jesus spoke a different language, referring to God as “Eloi” in Mark 15:34 of the New Testament. Are “God” and “Eloi” different gods? Many Hispanics call God “Dios” and many French say “Dieu”. It would logically follow then that people who refer to God as “Allah” in the Arabic language are referring to the very same God. In fact, many Arab Jews and Arab Christians call God “Allah”. And the word “Allah” is written in Arabic script on the walls of many Arab churches and on the pages of Arabic Bibles. So while the understanding of God may differ between faith groups, the various names used to describe Him does not change the fact that the one Creator of the Universe is the God of all people.

• I am a Muslim and a practicing one, although there is a misconception thinking that we are terrorists this is actually wrong, the people who kill and injure people in the name of our God our misguided, there are numerous verses in our Holy book (the Quran) that state that we cannot injure innocent people, women, children, etc. If you want to learn more about what Islam is through a trusted source then I recommend that you watch this video:

• Its just another religion.
    Another set of beliefs.
    A pre-determined set of rules which one can choose to follow by will or by virtue of being born in a family that practices it.
    Other practicers and non-practicers should ideally tell you more about it.
    I kept my brief third-person view. Regards!

• Hella Assassins

Islam is derived from the Mosaic revelation and its followers understand its connected origins linked to Abraham, the patriarch of the Hebrew people. It is believed that the son of the Egyptian slave Hagar with the Hebrew patriarch gave rise to the Arab people with his son Yishma'el. Abraham's wife, Sarah, wanted the slave to be killed and she fled to the desert with her son.
    Apart from religious practices and doctrine that differ greatly from Christianity, Islam converges following the Old Testament and its prophets, and the Quran quotes Jesus as an important prophet. The cultural contexts of Islam are different even though they originated in the same region 6 centuries after Christ.
    In convergence there is also the following of the 10 commandments, the moral of charity, of doing good. An interesting note is that his holy book identifies the Creator Allah as Clement and Mercyfull.
    Like the Christian religions Islam also suffered religious syncretism according to the regions and cultures where it was inserted, with Muslims Arabs, Chinese, Africans, Americans and so on. It is one of the great monotheistic religions of the world.

• Hella Assassins Fake Moderators GSP Patrol - The Proofreaders

@Guest
    The word Islam means voluntary “Submission” or “Surrender” to the Will of God. It derives from the root word “salam,” meaning peace.

In the Quran, God defines that the only purpose for which He created mankind is to Worship Him. Islam recognizes that humankind has free choice in whether to obey or disobey God, but ultimately we will be held accountable to God in the next life for the choices that we make in this life.

• Yeah,i think that the god of all "abrahamic" religions is same...but many Christians probably think that Allah is a different moon god from polytheistic pre islamic faiths(i know their arguments and i think it is irrational to think so)...and the crescent symbol has nothing to do with the religion Islam...as far as i think this symbol came from the Ottoman Empire though it has nothing to do with islamic religion
    Btw in aramaic language god is Alaha or something like Elohim

• Islam is a peaceful religion followed by peaceful brown people who love to have s*x with goats 🙂

• God isn't really something that can be compressed into a word, it transcends language. How can you describe something endless with a finite construct like human language. That's why islam says that God/Allah has 99 names. But that 99 is likely a metaphor for an infinite number of names.

By using TalkWithStranger, you are accepting our privacy and usage terms . You must be 18+ or 13+ with parental permission to use our online chatting site.