• I wonder: are beautiful ladies and handsome men more or less trustworthy than the rest of us?

My reasoning on the question is all over the place. I don't know what to think. For a start, I know beauty is subjective, and in the eye of the beholder, but I'm talking about that classically beautiful look, as in ...good cheek bones, angled jawline, non-beady eyes. Y'know. Just beautiful, like Amber Heard, or Taylor Swift, or Gal Godot. I can't really speculate on what 'handsome' is in a man. Nigel Havers? Peter Crouch?

I know, probably, the correct answer is, 'Just take it on a person-by-person case' - but are you sure we can't take a general overview? What's the case on balance? It somehow amazes me that all beautiful women aren't evil ..and yet, in my personal experience, they're not. With my general dim view of humanity, I should be able to say, 'Well, they're beautiful, so obviously they can get whatever they want without making any concessions, and they don't understand give-and-take'...

And yet... the one or two strikingly beautiful women I've known have all been cool, and empathetic. How can that be? Is it just the case that if you're beautiful, you've got less to worry about in life, and you build up a stronger personality that way? Or do beautiful people automatically get beautiful personalities to match? And if that's the case, doesn't it make a shambles of 'It's what's on the inside that counts?'

Eh?

chastain.gif

• I guess generalization in anything causes a certain effect.
    For example, if you say 'Well, they're beautiful, so obviously they can get whatever they want without making any concessions, and they don't understand give-and-take'...
    These people in the general categorization will pick up on it and are pressured to act in a better way.... I think? Make sense?

Is it just the case that if you're beautiful, you've got less to worry about in life, and you build up a stronger personality that way?

Depends on how they were brought up, but if you're beautiful, you generally will have eyes on you, people watch your actions more often than those who are not visibly beautiful. So these people, knowing that eyes are on them, are pressured to put a lot of effort and energy into acting in the right manner.

I don't really know, just my thoughts on it...

• @Emily-Fae I hadn't thought of any of that. Explains why there's so many beautiful actors and actresses. If people watch them anyway, they probably think, 'Well, I might as well hone a craft and be on stage'. I certainly can't think of a beautiful actress who's ever done a bad job. But then, I don't watch outtakes...

• @Indrid-Cold

I think that's a very very long shot 🤔
    I can't say I haven't meet many beautiful women but I can say the 2 serious relationships I've had were with 2 beautiful ladies. And it's not just my opinion, they heard it a lot... from other ppl as well!
    My point is... who's really beautiful? They were beautiful, without a doubt but both has serious self esteem problems... If they have self esteem problems, even tho they can "have anyone they want" it doesn't mean they believe it... so if that was the case, they would be busy fixing their own self to worry about being nice, but that is the twist... that wasn't the case... they are simply sweet, humble and genuine.
    There's also another point... If a person is beautiful (to the common crowd) and that person doesn't feel it there will probably be the exact opposite, someone that is not attractice (to the common crowd) and still feel like the hottest girl alive and those, in my experience are real bitches 🤷‍♂️

conclusion: I don't think looks make ppl have an easier time being naturally good. U are either born with it or not!