What is the last book you read and enjoyed?

• Mine is ... The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. A fable about following your dreams.
    How about you?

• Global Moderator

@cjko Incarnations.jpg

Seamlessly weaving Chinese folklore, history, and literary classics. The Incarnations is a taut and gripping novel that sheds light on the cyclical nature of history as it hints that the past is never truly settled.

• 15990956.UY350_SS350.jpg

Abdul Alhazred's "The Necronomicon".
    I am not even kidding.

• Music Lovers

@cjko
    Hands down

BUNKER DIARIES

If you love psychological thriller type books, then it’s definitely for you.

• Freedom Writers - Writing Movie Buff

@cjko ❤ Im midway through reading again Hit by a Farm. Its so funny.
    But im eager to start The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy ❤ ❤ ❤

• Soul Searchers Movie Buff Global Moderator

@cjko said in What is the last book you read and enjoyed?:

Mine is ... The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. A fable about following your dreams.
    How about you?

The alchemist is my most hated book ever 😂 idk if it’s because I was too young when I read it (14).
    I mean, I remember at one point of the book, the guy puts a fûcking stone in his pocket and turns out he looses the stone cause there was a hole in the pocket.

Instead of thinking damn I’m a dumbass, OF COURSE THEY’L FALL OUT IF THERES A FREAKING HOLE, the story says: « He didn’t consider mending the hole—the stones could fall through any time they wanted. » like bruh, the stones won’t fall out if they want to, this shit called gravity will make them fall!!!

I know I’m knit picking, and there’s some bullshît meaning behind the stones, but goddamnit it annoyed me so much and I have too much of a scientific mind for it😂

If you enjoyed the book it must mean you were way better at deciphering all the meanings behind the story that just flew over my head 😛

That aside, the last book I read that I really enjoyed was The ice people (La nuit des temps) by René Barjavel. It’s a french science fiction novel and one of my favourite thus far
    Idk if the translation is any good, but there’s an English movie about it so it should be XD

• @cjko
    The murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie.
    Read it a long while back but i remember deciding it's the best book on the planet. (I was 13)
    Just saying but i thought The Alchemist was bullcrap. Maybe it was too deep for me haha.

• Global Moderator

@cjko said in What is the last book you read and enjoyed?:

@DayShifter WOW.. interesting. Any chunks of quotes from that book ? 🙂

So begins the first letter that falls into Wang’s lap as he flips down the visor in his taxi.
    The letters that follow are filled with the stories of Wang’s previous lives—from escaping a marriage to a spirit bride, to being a slave on the run from Genghis Khan, to living as a fisherman during the Opium Wars, and being a teenager on the Red Guard during the cultural revolution—bound to his mysterious “soulmate,” spanning one thousand years of betrayal and intrigue.

As the letters continue to appear seemingly out of thin air, Wang becomes convinced that someone is watching him—someone who claims to have known him for over one thousand years. And with each letter, Wang feels the watcher growing closer and closer…

• @cjko The Holy Bible
    LMAO JUST KIDDING I DONT HAVE THAT KINDA TIME

• @Karina-Kara Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

• Elantris

• last book i read is THE GRIT, and currently I am reading Saladin

• @Karina-Kara , @cjko

Here is the translation:

"Remember the Scorpion-Human, who dwells inside the mountains. He was created a long time ago from TIAMAT, to fight against the elder gods, for him it was allowed to stay with them under the mountains. He deceived us once and he may do it again. But call him, if something involves the outside, which you would like to know more and what i didn't tell you about. And his sign is easy and that is:

♏

And direct yourself only to his place, and he will come and speak, but do not do it by dawn, since when the sun raises, the Scorpion won't have power, and not before the dusk until nightfall, as he will be forced underground, as this is his letter of his contract, which pertains him; and it is written: His pate shall not raise above the sun.
    And again: His is the dark time.
    Yet again: He knows the gate, yet not The gate."

-End of the first page-

The next page:

"And the Scorpion-Human has another from his race, female, which lives with him there, but talking about her is not right, and she must be spellbound with the Exorcism, shall she appear, as her touch brings death."

• @cjko It based on the real story. It describes the life of man, who had multiple personality disorder. His mind splitted in his childhood, because of violence happened in family.
    24 different personalities lived in one body. Some of them were really talented .Unusual case of modern psychiatry, which shows that we don't know our minds and it's capabilities. But despite of it, I found Bill's life as deeply tragic.

• Banned

I worked a lot to cultivate reading habit in me, and succeeded to a certain extent. Though i read very limited books, but still I could name a few, which I liked a lot.

“The other side of midnight [1]“- the first book in my venture of cultivating reading habit .

Then comes -

” The Alchemist[2] “

“ The lost Symbol[3]”

“The Sphere[4]”……

Each book has touched me at certain junctures for various reasons, which would be silly for others. Some was useful, like it’s certain quotes, sentences were useful to me which I applied in my life, and was successfull. Further the same may feel like silly to others , but it’s your perception how one is accepting the things….

@cjko Hit by a Farm is about a lesbian couple who, well, get a farm and it begins with chapter 1 "touching testicles" 😆

"Farms have fences. People have boundaries.
    Mine began crumbling the day i knelt behind a male sheep, reached between his legs and squeezed his testicles."

Its an hilarious adventure in farming.

As for The Love Song, i havent started it but this quote made me buy it:

“Besides, I was thrown by your eyes. The blue of them was so generous, I couldn’t quite think of anything else.”

Of course, by itself this quote is not that special, if not for the fact that i had done a past life regression session and found i had been killed by someone with blue eyes, and the next month i wrote several pieces about two people who had found each other twice in the past (first time she died in his arms, second time she was a nurse in the war and he died on her table) and felt very connected to their (mine?) story. So this quote, and then reading what the book was about, gave me goosebumps and i had to get the book.

@Karina-Kara I have always disliked people with blue eyes. As if i couldnt trust them or something so i never dated any blue eyed boy/man. Friends? Sure. Partners? No way. After that event it became slightly more obvious that i had in fact avoided such people and it was like a piece of the puzzle found its place. Suddenly i felt i had been avoiding these people out of some unknown fear. Then the dreams came, and the stories flowed through my fingers. There are sooooo many snipets from things i love now that would belong in those time frames, it was too cool not to surrender to evidences. Its fantastic to decode the little patterns, thats true, exactly like a little Matrix. But at the same time, scary, you know? Its like wanting to see the ghost but when you do you scream "GO AWAAAAAY!" 😆 😆 😆 😆

• @cjko You maybe also find an interest in Tulpa phenomenon. Originally it is a mysterious practices from Indian and tibetan cultures. But from the point of view of modern science - it is an artificial split of personality. An imaginary friend, which became real to the original person and starts to live inside his brains.
    Exploring yours mind capabilities can be fun and interesting, but there is a big risk to damage it. Keeping mind in one peace, can become as unreachable task.

• @pe7erpark3r that's a nice title book.. do you have quotes to share from that book ? It seems interesting.. I started to read another book , it's in my language and I don't have energy to translate it. Haha
    It's a funny yet inspiring book. A story of childhood memories that everyone can relate it is really cool. Haha I'm always laughing alone like a psycho. Haha

• @cjko said in What is the last book you read and enjoyed?:

@pe7erpark3r that's a nice title book.. do you have quotes to share from that book ? It seems interesting..

"The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change."

"a person is a fluid process, not a fixed and static entity; a flowing river of change, not a block of solid material; a continually changing constellation of potentialities, not a fixed quantity of traits."

"If I let myself really understand another person, I might be changed by that understanding. And we all fear change. So as I say, it is not an easy thing to permit oneself to understand an individual,"

I started to read another book , it's in my language and I don't have energy to translate it. Haha
    It's a funny yet inspiring book. A story of childhood memories that everyone can relate it is really cool. Haha I'm always laughing alone like a psycho. Haha

LOL 😉

By using TalkWithStranger, you are accepting our privacy and usage terms . You must be 18+ or 13+ with parental permission to use our online chatting site.