This is maybe not my normal sort of randomness.... hey ho

• Global Moderator

So ... I got to thinking tonight (for a reason of course) ..... Relationships ...
    Male to Female , Male to Male or Female to Female....
    I know there have been some topics along these lines of late ... but I am trying to refine them a little.

Some questions .....

How much do you actually put into online relationships? (friends or otherwise)

Have you ever considered someone online to be a "real" close friend?

For all the hype and the BS ... can you EVER really trust someone you never met?
    Have you ever had someone abuse your confidence online?

I do have more questions ... but I dont want to bore you haha 😂

For me ... Matrix or Real World ... my word is my bond.

I could list countless hundreds of people that have turned to me for help or advice, sometimes to moderate/ be the middle man, sometimes for real advice on any number of different given situations.
    But the one thing with me ... the one thing people know is this :
    If they talk to me .... It stays with me.
    I mean.... there are some minor elements of banter, but as far as I know, at my age .. this is a normal thing, a part of life ... but even then .. this stays betwen people that are concerned ....
    This is why people communicate with me.... because they know this is a given.
    Maybe Im stupid or nieve for thinking this courtsy that I give would be a two way street.....
    fek knows.
    What's your story (for those that want to share) ...
    and
    for those that don't , I probably already know it 😉

Either way ... I'm interested to hear

• GSP Patrol - The Proofreaders

Loose lips sink ships ⚓
    Lips
    ^😂

• @Durwin , this is the first chat site I’ve ever been on and for the most part it’s been fun banter to keep me company at night. Prior to tws I just read all night if I could not sleep. Probably should have stuck with that. I was embarrassed and hurt and then came between two friends so I have to say my experience into online friends was great then not so much. 😞 We shall see but I’ll definitely be keeping a lower profile or perhaps disappearing all together would be best. I’d miss everyone though. Some awesome people here including you.

• @Durwin

Here's my take on your questions:

How much do you actually put into online relationships? (friends or otherwise)

and

Have you ever considered someone online to be a "real" close friend?

Online or not, bounds are treated the same way online or IRL. For me a friend is a friend, no matter where he/she is from, so I'll give as much as I can

For all the hype and the BS ... can you EVER really trust someone you never met?
    Have you ever had someone abuse your confidence online?

Defenitely, the same way happened IRL... After all we are creating bounds with ppl... real humans like us, why would it be less important and strong just cuz there's a chance to never see them? There has been stories of relationships that started just like this and they are happily ever married, so yeah 🤷

• Global Moderator

@nightshifter said in This is maybe not my normal sort of randomness.... hey ho:

@Durwin , this is the first chat site I’ve ever been on and for the most part it’s been fun banter to keep me company at night. Prior to tws I just read all night if I could not sleep. Probably should have stuck with that. I was embarrassed and hurt and then came between two friends so I have to say my experience into online friends was great then not so much. 😞 We shall see but I’ll definitely be keeping a lower profile or perhaps disappearing all together would be best. I’d miss everyone though. Some awesome people here including you.

Ms.... as I have learnt over my time ... things are never straight and narrow. This life we live, this world we travers ....
    This for me is also the first thing away from Faceshitebook that I have used also. (sometimes Im on instagram, sometimes I am not lol)
    Many things happen to make things both good and bad.
    I am sorry to hear you will be lowering your profile here, that would be a shame for TWS.... and if you were to leave completly... then it would be a sad day for TWS and more so ... the Chatroom... because you are a huge asset to both aspects of the site.
    A genuine, chatty, lovely person.

• @Durwin
    I've had both what I considered good friends online and in the real world betray me and abuse my trust. For the most part my online friends only care so much. But what would you expect from a person who only knows what you allow them to know. I've found out that what I thought was the truth turned out to be something completely different.
    I have been quite surprised by people that I know in trw that just don't have the necessary ??? Elements of humanity that being human requires.
    I have also been surprised by how much a complete stranger can care.
    I guess I'm not sure how to answer your question but I will offer you this.
    No matter how much or how many times I have been screwed over I will not change who I am and how I will trust until proven otherwise. In other words your actions will not turn me into an ass but I will cover my ass better because of it.
    There is a quote (I believe that it's by Mark Twain)
    "Don't argue with a fool. They will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

• @wet-teri said in This is maybe not my normal sort of randomness.... hey ho:

There is a quote (I believe that it's by Mark Twain)
    "Don't argue with a fool. They will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

I love that quote. You are definitely right, about a lot.

@Durwin You know you can be betrayed irl and through the internet. People can put on masks in both worlds. No helping that. There is no reason to trust a random person you meet on the street more or less than you can trust a person on the internet. The only difference really being, that on the internet they can even hide their appearence.

@wet-teri you have a good point there about allowing others to see only what you want them to see. I believe to forge a real bond, you have to show them enough of yourself. This is true IRL or online too. I mean you could spawn an entire web of lies, but at some point you'll contradict yourself if you really get into a relationship with someone.

So I believe you can really create bonds over the internet, and people won't be strangers to you then. But that doesn't mean, that when you meet for the first time IRL you wouldn't have to learn to interact with each other in a more direct way. When people say that there is chemistry, that means literal chemistry too. E.g. it might be quite possible, that you're not really compatible IRL, which is why I don't believe that people are (really) IN LOVE (as in romantic) if they have never met in person. But that doesn't mean that you could not continue being real friends over the internet.

So yeah @Durwin, I'm being confidential too, I don't talk about private stuff with people that have no right to know, no matter if it's over the internet or not. And for that nobody has to tell me, that "it's a secret". As long as I wouldn't be happy if someone shared information like that about me, I won't share.

• Global Moderator

@TheRisingSun said in This is maybe not my normal sort of randomness.... hey ho:

Loose lips sink ships ⚓
    Lips
    ^😂

I had to seal this gif 😂 ... it's *EPIC 😂

Suggested Topics

View More Recent Topics

By using TalkWithStranger, you are accepting our privacy and usage terms . You must be 18+ or 13+ with parental permission to use our online chatting site.