A Dad of 3 kids. Graphic Designer. Any other "old" folks here for chatting?

• Looking for someone to be friends with who might have kids, likes to laugh, likes to write, likes movies and shows and who just likes to make fun of life & all it's ridiculousnessess with me :^) An actual mature person who has been through some life stuff to TRULY know why they are cynical. 🙂

• Global Moderator

@ChainedRebel7 Im a dad of 2 (3) kids
    Likes to :
    Laugh : Tick
    Write : half tick ish
    Movies and Shows: Tick
    Make Fun of Life: Tick Tick Tick
    Is an "Acutal Mature Person" : Tick
    Been through Lifes Agenda: Tick
    🤔

Think that covers most things lol

• @ChainedRebel7 I’m an “old” Mom of 3 w/ more life experience than any 41 y/o probably should have; and crushing it.....rather cynically. I love dogs, but people -not so much. Would love to chat.

• @ChainedRebel7 said in A Dad of 3 kids. Graphic Designer. Any other "old" folks here for chatting?:

@Durwin I just clicked on your link www.soundcloud.com/peanut76

I grew up in Washington DC. Reggae & 90s hip hop was my scene. College exposed me to alternative/grunge, but when it comes to late night dancing, it always comes back to that "bass". Tribe Called Quest, Mary J. Blige, Drake, Rihanna... whatever gets the job done on the floor. I'm ALL over the place on Films. I'm a guy who digs the Notebook & Titanic, but also enjoys nearly any Vampire/Werewolf movie, most of the top action movies, but I have no problem going back to black & white musicals or dramas either. Can't go wrong with Stranger Things, Dexter, Shameless and don't forget about nearly every Will Farrell movie, most Adam Sandler movies, all Marvel movies and shows like Impractical Jokers. And not really the Tick. Just thought you were.

About black and white, ever seen 12 angry men? Amazing movie (play), I don't remember which movie I saw though, there are 3 or 4.

• @Iluv2Laugh I'm 43 & a bit of a rookie in here, but trying to learn the ropes. I tried going to your profile and do an invitation (whatever that is), but no luck. I couldn't even figure out how to follow you or friend you or whatever it's called in here.

• @Durwin Thanks Shaun

So you like Trance/Techno, are from the UK and like Donnie Darko. And possibly one of your favorite quotes is "I'm confused, Arthur. I don't remember ruining America"
    -The Tick (Karma Tornado #6) ??

• Global Moderator

@ChainedRebel7 said in A Dad of 3 kids. Graphic Designer. Any other "old" folks here for chatting?:

@Durwin Thanks Shaun

So you like Trance/Techno, are from the UK and like Donnie Darko. And possibly one of your favorite quotes is "I'm confused, Arthur. I don't remember ruining America"
    -The Tick (Karma Tornado #6) ??

Haha, i am a tracne/techno dj, have been for over 20 years now.. mostly for a hobby.
    Donnie darko is a great cult film and i was never into cartoon network, so never got into the tick.... but i do know the show.
    How about you? What music are you into? (Live bands or prefer digitally made music?)
    What sort of films or literature is you preference?
    And i guess you were (or maybe still are) a Tick fan.

I also guess you are good at researching or maybe been here before 😉

• @Durwin Oh, then I totally misunderstood your first response of -
    Likes to :
    Laugh : Tick
    Write : half tick ish
    Movies and Shows: Tick
    Make Fun of Life: Tick Tick Tick
    Is an "Acutal Mature Person" : Tick
    Been through Lifes Agenda: Tick

• @Durwin I just clicked on your link www.soundcloud.com/peanut76

I grew up in Washington DC. Reggae & 90s hip hop was my scene. College exposed me to alternative/grunge, but when it comes to late night dancing, it always comes back to that "bass". Tribe Called Quest, Mary J. Blige, Drake, Rihanna... whatever gets the job done on the floor. I'm ALL over the place on Films. I'm a guy who digs the Notebook & Titanic, but also enjoys nearly any Vampire/Werewolf movie, most of the top action movies, but I have no problem going back to black & white musicals or dramas either. Can't go wrong with Stranger Things, Dexter, Shameless and don't forget about nearly every Will Farrell movie, most Adam Sandler movies, all Marvel movies and shows like Impractical Jokers. And not really the Tick. Just thought you were.

• I have not see that one but I'll have to check it out. They just don't "make acting" like they used to. Black & white movies can be so intense! Before there was Disturbia, there was "Rear View Window". Check that movie out and tell me if it doesn't make your bones cold and the hair stand up on your arms. People are missing out. There was so much talent back then. Ever watch Gene Kelly dance in his prime? It's insane. Probably one of the best athletes to ever walk the Earth. Guys like him & Fred Astaire make what Michael Jackson did look like child's play.

• @ChainedRebel7 said in A Dad of 3 kids. Graphic Designer. Any other "old" folks here for chatting?:

I have not see that one but I'll have to check it out. They just don't "make acting" like they used to. Black & white movies can be so intense!

Agreed!

Before there was Disturbia, there was "Rear View Window". Check that movie out and tell me if it doesn't make your bones cold and the hair stand up on your arms.

Yeah, no... I hate horror movies, especially the good ones 😋

People are missing out. There was so much talent back then. Ever watch Gene Kelly dance in his prime? It's insane. Probably one of the best athletes to ever walk the Earth. Guys like him & Fred Astaire make what Michael Jackson did look like child's play.

Gotta check them out! Ever seen metropolis? It's just impressive how they played with impressions at that time.

• @pe7erpark3r Yes, Metropolis was the VERY first film we had to watch in my Film Documentary class. I little rough to sit through when you are sleep deprived, but I SO far ahead of it's time that it really is amazing.

Suggested Topics

View More Recent Topics

By using TalkWithStranger, you are accepting our privacy and usage terms . You must be 18+ or 13+ with parental permission to use our online chatting site.