Anyone else got a coffee addiction?

• I hope you dont have it anymore, cuz id like to know how you got rid of it?

• @Alte said in Anyone else got a coffee addiction?:

@pe7erpark3r use to drink like 10 + cups till like 19, then a bit less. Now i have reduced the amount to like 2 to 3 cups a day. But without it i feel like a vegetable and that head ache.. better die lmao. For a long time it pretty much replaced water. Read on internet that overdosing it can cause some kind of depression/worthlessness too. The last 3 days i drank a bit too much of it. Didnt drink it yesterday past like 6pm and woke up with a head ache lol what a junky.

Sounds like you are able to keep it reduced to 2 or 3 cups. I'd go down to 1 and sometimes 2 tho. If you could do what you did so far you can do that too. If your headache really is related to the coffee (which I don't believe, if anything the coffee might mitigate whatever the real reason for the headache is) then it should wear off after you have reduced the coffee for about 2 weeks.

You gave me a hint however why you might be having headaches. If coffee replaced water for you and you had (only) 10 cups of coffee a day, you did not get enough liquid. Lack of water causes headaches! A grown man should drink at least 2 liters of water a day if he doesn't do sports.

Also between 20 and 30 years of age the caffeine tolerance goes way down. At 20 you can drink coffee at 6pm and sleep like a baby, while at 30 you might not be able to fall asleep for hours if you have coffee after 3 or 4 pm...

• @Alte , I drink coffee at work at night and often on days off too but I noted a few times when drinking coffee a lot that I’d get a bad headache if I stopped. I love coffee and Earl Grey tea and have zero plans to quit. Lol. They say coffee has antioxidants and in moderation is healthy! I’m going with those studies! I love excellent coffee. Even the smell makes me happy.

• Movie Buff

its good thing. i never drink coffee too much every day. i did once or few
    times in my life but didnt grow in me leads to addiction tho.

• How much coffee do you drink? Because a cup a day actually has been proven to have health benefits and I wouldn't define it as addiction at all.

I drank a real lot when I was still working at a company where the IT department had a nice Jura coffee machine, that made real good coffee. It made me feel comfortable during breaks, drinking coffee with collegues and all. But I also did it to have something I could take a sip every once in a while when working. Kindof like a balance thing.

With leaving the company I stopped drinking so much, because my own coffee machine is a lot more work and drinking so much isn't healthy anyways.

But from my experience I conclude that coffee addiction is not a physical but a psychological thing (in contrast to smoking). I did it to have something in my hands, to have a reason to talk to others, and to have some kind of alternative to work. I also liked it. But I had no real withdrawal symptoms at all, when I stopped.

So I guess my advice is to try and figure out what you actually crave and or what coffee helps you do and get some discipline to make that happen without coffee.

• @pe7erpark3r use to drink like 10 + cups till like 19, then a bit less. Now i have reduced the amount to like 2 to 3 cups a day. But without it i feel like a vegetable and that head ache.. better die lmao. For a long time it pretty much replaced water. Read on internet that overdosing it can cause some kind of depression/worthlessness too. The last 3 days i drank a bit too much of it. Didnt drink it yesterday past like 6pm and woke up with a head ache lol what a junky.

• GSP Patrol - The Proofreaders

• @Alte I don't have a coffee addiction, I have a chocolate addiction. I don't know how similar they are, although experts on addictions say that all addictions are the same. I find, not having easy access to chocolate, helps immensely.

• GSP Patrol - The Proofreaders

@Alte Just a strong big cup in the morning (with a tad of milk and a bucket of sugar please) and a nice good old cancerstick = breakfast 👍
    Without this the day is a no go 😎

• @Alte said in Anyone else got a coffee addiction?:

@pe7erpark3r Could the lack of coffee drop my blood pressure therefore the headache? Sounds like my brains dry, explains way more than the cause of headaches lmao.

Well about the dry part ;-)... (drink more water!)

I've always made the experience that I get a headache from high blood pressure (e.g. too much coffee), but who knows. I'm not an expert. Google says:

It's unclear what causes this spike in blood pressure. Some researchers believe that caffeine could block a hormone that helps keep your arteries widened. Others think that caffeine causes your adrenal glands to release more adrenaline, which causes your blood pressure to increase.

In any case the body habituates to anything. So stopping always causes a reaction. That reaction wears off after some time, but I would say it's at least 2 weeks until you can actually know how you feel without coffee.

• @pe7erpark3r my record was almost 2 months. Headaches goes away after a week or even less . But i was so drained.. i was even lazy to go to toilet sometimes coz it seemed like sucha drag lmao.

• @DarkIce I dunno about that.. its not like "i love it" type of addiction. Its a need.

• Gamers

@Alte
    Then y u giving up on that.. ?

• @Marcomarco Cant just stop it mate. I mean i gotta job and without coffee im useless, mentally and physically.

• @TheRisingSun , no smoking!!! 😞

• @pe7erpark3r , seems a lot of people do better when off sugar. And coffee is allowed on the Keto diet! Hallelujah! Love my coffee. Even the smell makes me happy?

• @Green-Archer what happens when u dont eat it?

• @pe7erpark3r Could the lack of coffee drop my blood pressure therefore the headache? Sounds like my brains dry, explains way more than the cause of headaches lmao.

• Gamers

@Alte
    Make coffee without suger.. I guess that might help u 😅

• Gamers

@Alte
    Sometimes u need to be harsh for yourself for good reasons !!

Suggested Topics

View More Recent Topics

By using TalkWithStranger, you are accepting our privacy and usage terms . You must be 18+ or 13+ with parental permission to use our online chatting site.