• Gamers

Alright , if nobody knew i used to be a game dev but i did quit because i had no friends so my point was a bit missing , and i'm going back to be a game dev , but this post isn't about that , ever wanted to be a gamedev? never had the money? don't have any skill or talent? don't know how to code? ; then no worries because you can still become a gamedev , all software and platforms listed below are completely free , no payments overtime etc.

1 - The Game Engine : you can't make a game without the Engine , I recommend : Godot [if you can code] , if you can't code check GDevelop [only 2d] out

2 - Design : now that you have your Game Engine the design is important , first you have to choose between 2D / 3D , for 3D modelling check Blender out , and if you can't do 3d modelling use TurboSquid for royalty free models , for 2D i recommend Gimp or Krita for vectors Inkscape if you can't draw i would suggest itch.io assets

3 - Music : for producing music for your game i recommend LMMS , or for downloading it for free i recommend : Dig CCMixter

4 - Sound Effects : okay you will need to know "Foley Art" for this one [recreating sounds with everyday items] , for editing the audio i recommend Audacity and for downloading i recommend soundbible

5 - publishing : so your game's done , now where do you publish it for free ; i reccommend Itch.io or Gamejolt

and you're done , congrats

[for Os you can use linux ]

• @JessicaGrant said in 0$ Game Development [Even You Can Become a Game Dev]:

Alright , if nobody knew i used to be a game dev but i did quit because i had no friends so my point was a bit missing , and i'm going back to be a game dev , but this post isn't about that , ever wanted to be a gamedev? never had the money? don't have any skill or talent? don't know how to code? ; then no worries because you can still become a gamedev , all software and platforms listed below are completely free , no payments overtime etc.

1 - The Game Engine : you can't make a game without the Engine , I recommend : Godot [if you can code] , if you can't code check GDevelop [only 2d] out

2 - Design : now that you have your Game Engine the design is important , first you have to choose between 2D / 3D , for 3D modelling check Blender out , and if you can't do 3d modelling use TurboSquid for royalty free models , for 2D i recommend Gimp or Krita for vectors Inkscape if you can't draw i would suggest itch.io assets

3 - Music : for producing music for your game i recommend LMMS , or for downloading it for free i recommend : Dig CCMixter

4 - Sound Effects : okay you will need to know "Foley Art" for this one [recreating sounds with everyday items] , for editing the audio i recommend Audacity and for downloading i recommend soundbible

5 - publishing : so your game's done , now where do you publish it for free ; i reccommend Itch.io or Gamejolt

and you're done , congrats

[for Os you can use linux ]

This is really cool.
    And I might consider this when I'm done giving exams.
    Thank you!