Astrology practitioners, enthusiasts,etc.

• Anyone who are related to astrology field or intersted persons about the science are welcome

• @zlatan said in Astrology practitioners, enthusiasts,etc.:

Astrology isn't science, it's pseudoscience which has no place in the study of the universe.

Seriously ?? 🤔
    How can Astrology have no place in the study of the universe?
    Mythical astrology, maybe ... but does astrology not cover the movements of the starts and their interactions within The Universe?? or am I just being naive?
    I'm not asking this question for a joke, I would really like to be enlightened if I am wrong, with some form of substantiated response.

• @zlatan Sir, I do not believe you were belittling me since I did request some form of substantiated response.
    I will indeed look in to this since I didn't really get an in depth answer that I may of expected.... on the other hand you gave a reasonable enough answer that has heightened my curiosity into the subject.
    If you would like to explain more my direct messages are open to all, hence you are welcome to message.

• @shaun-durwin You are confusing Astrology and Astronomie.

Astrology handles the zodiacs, horoscopes and all the pseudo-scientific stuff about the universe.
    Historically it was the first school to research and teach about the stars (a few thousand years ago). Hence the name Astrology (astro = star, logos = school/study).

Later during the course of the age of enlightenment (a few hundred years ago) people started realizing, that this emotional approach was far from reality.
    While the old school of Astrology tried to help people by researching what the stars mean to them, the new school was only interested in the truth of our world and universe, accepting that we humans play a much more insignificant role in it than we could ever imagine.

However, the name (Astrology) was branded and the two perspectives were far too paradox to ever teach in the same line of thought. Thus the new school chose to pick up a new name, to show that they were working with the actual rules or the law of the stars (Astro = Star, Nomos = Law).

Which school you see as the real science (Astronomy!!!) is entirely up to you, I believe 🤓

• Astrology isn't science, it's pseudoscience which has no place in the study of the universe.

• @shaun-durwin The supposition that hypothesis which have not been proven in any possible way be it logical or scientific has no place in science. "Astrology consists of a number of belief systems that hold that there is a relationship between astronomical phenomena and events or descriptions of personality in the human world. Astrology has been rejected by the scientific community as having no explanatory power for describing the universe" these relationship are based on a simple supposition, backed up by nothing in the scientific community, hence has been rejected a multitude of times. To even think of this as something even remotely "scientific" requires a lot of dead brain cells.

• @shaun-durwin Not trying to belittle you by the way, I have a firm belief that it doesn't stand anywhere near the notion of being a part of ye science community.

I'd recommend you check the scientific method as an ongoing process.

• Spirituality is just science we don't understand yet. Anybody want to talk about that?

• Spirituality would be a belief that the human spirit or soul is connected to us somehow. Though I'm strongly a spiritual person, I disagree that spirituality could be scientific.
    Spirituality:
    The quality of being concerned with the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things.

Science:
    A branch of knowledge or study dealing with a body of facts or truths systematically arranged and showing the operation of general laws.

The disagreement here would come because of the fact that spirituality is concerned with the immaterial, now science is dependant upon measurements. And the problem is, we can't measure that which isn't matter or doesn't exist within the physical realms, or dimensions. It's like trying to prove God with science, philosophically, it's impossible, hence God cannot be proven or disproven by the scientific method. So, spirituality would indeed be separated from science.

• @joe92 Thank you kind sir... very enlightening 😉

View More Recent Topics