One of those random days when you wake up to a homeless person sat in the lobby.

• I’ve never had that before,
    I walked into my new place, as I entered the lobby there she was.... a homeless woman sat blocking the door.
    She was incredibly apologetic. I didn’t know what to say if I’m being honest.
    What would you of said or done?

(i couldn’t even offer her a tea of coffee because I don’t have a kettle yet)

• @mr-peanut

I always get a bit stunned in this situations.
    One thing is seeing someone ask for money. Most of the times they ask for the wrong reasons. And some of them have more money then the ones giving them the tips. I remember that my grandmother once told me there was this begger, that she helped for almost 2 months, she would give him food, help him with basic needs. Later she found out he lived in a better place then her and begged cuz he was too lazy to work, or rather, he saw that as "his job".
    But another different thing is actually seeing someone sleep in the streets. It really hits us hard, realize that while some of us sleep in a confy, large, warm bed, others need to find a different place to sleep every other day.

• @mr-h I've seen many people in the situation of your grandma. Where they give help to find its not needed as much as others may require.
    As for this morning, I didn't say to much because the woman needed the place to stay.
    In this day and age its amazing of how often people still need somewhere to stay.

• @mr-peanut we come across many beggars, there are many rackets, they have thorough observation and strategies. Children are abducted, mutilated, dismembered so that when they're sent to do the begging ppl will take pity on them n give money.
    I remember such a case, almost a year ago we'd been to a place and were parkin our car n as we got down we were aproached by a couple n their son (must be 7-8yo) and they were askin for help, said they were from another city and got robbed n have no place to stay and no money to eat, my uncle got so emotional he gave them 500 bucks. They thanked us n left and we went on with our business. When we got back to the car, after about 2 hrs later, we had another such family waiting for us, similar couple n a boy, telling us same story, askin for help. My uncle got mad as he realized what was goin on, drove them away.

• @wildwallflower wow, I’m aware of such situations in other areas in the world concerning abduction, mutilation etc and of the rackets pulled by gangs and the like. It’s always a shame that these situations arise and also difficult (and often terrifying) for the victims.
    I fully understand your uncle for how he felt with the second family. To think in the first place that you are doing a good turn and helping a family out to then realise that your were being scammed because of your generosity.
    This has happened to me via people that call themselves friends that have seen the free ride.

• @mr-peanut
    If i was there in your place i get to know . ask them that i know you don’t have a clue what your life is like and would like to hear about it. i feel free to excuse myself if it gets too difficult for me, but disengage in a way that makes it clear it is my issue, not theirs. If it works,i ask them to introduce me to their friends; if not,i try another.

There is no rush, you have a whole lifetime, but the sooner you learn to empathize the better.

• @giant-panda said in One of those random days when you wake up to a homeless person sat in the lobby.:

@mr-peanut
    If i was there in your place i get to know . ask them that i know you don’t have a clue what your life is like and would like to hear about it. i feel free to excuse myself if it gets too difficult for me, but disengage in a way that makes it clear it is my issue, not theirs. If it works,i ask them to introduce me to their friends; if not,i try another.

There is no rush, you have a whole lifetime, but the sooner you learn to empathize the better.

That sounds like a reasonable way to be. Taking time to understand and listen to someone can often be a big help. Giving them opportunity to talk.
    And by the sounds of it you will make lots of friends over your time :)

• So many upvotes coming in for your post :joy:

• @iservejustice said in One of those random days when you wake up to a homeless person sat in the lobby.:

So many upvotes coming in for your post :joy:

yes because his post is meaningfull thats why & no need of your devil laugh here😒

• @giant-panda said in One of those random days when you wake up to a homeless person sat in the lobby.:

@iservejustice said in One of those random days when you wake up to a homeless person sat in the lobby.:

So many upvotes coming in for your post :joy:

yes because his post is meaningfull thats why & no need of your devil laugh here😒

The amount of shit you post trying to sound "meaningful"....it makes me wanna puke.