Should I accept the company's offer?

• The head of the commercial construction of the publishing company I am currently working is resigning and the said position has been offered to me. I’m giving it a second thought though since I’m only working here for two years. Also, I have co-workers who worked longer than me and are more deserving than me. I don’t want to create tension in the office, however, my parents encouraged me to accept it because they think I deserve it. Even a foreign colleague of mine told me to take the offer. I really don’t know if I should.

• Yes i believe you should take it if you're being offered the post for being considered fit for it. As @atlantaantiquer said, your boss knows if you are upto the job. I don't think there should be any friction in the staff because they probably see the reason for your appointment too. And if still there's doubters, you can always prove them wrong.

• @lukehill93 Absolutely accept it. I've been in HR for 30 yrs at VP level, so have heavy experience in this area. Obviously your boss sees elements/potential in you he doesn't see in the other individuals who've been there longer. You being made the offer is just a reflection that he views you as having a management style that reflects his, and believes you'll be a better 'fit'. 'Tension' is a given in any office situation, but it can only exist if you make decisions for wrong reasons. If you're making 'business' decisions and are fair and equitable in your treatment of everyone, even those that were passed up will come around to believing you were a good choice. Just make sure you don't play favorites or are perceived as a 'yes-man'.

• @lukehill93 said in Should I accept the company's offer?:

The head of the commercial construction of the publishing company I am currently working is resigning and the said position has been offered to me. I’m giving it a second thought though since I’m only working here for two years. Also, I have co-workers who worked longer than me and are more deserving than me. I don’t want to create tension in the office, however, my parents encouraged me to accept it because they think I deserve it. Even a foreign colleague of mine told me to take the offer. I really don’t know if I should.

hmmm say yes ! because, why not ? hahha 😄

• Freedom Writers - Writing

• ive been in the situation to be prefered over the old ones. i took the chance and it was the right thing.

• Soul Searchers

@kana KISA BTA RHI HO TUM

• The BatSheep

@lukehill93 It's hard to make the choice between you or others, especially if you feel others deserve the job more than you.... BUT ... You have been offered the position for a reason. The company must like you as a person and a worker.
    So personally I think you should go for it 😉

By using TalkWithStranger, you are accepting our privacy and usage terms . You must be 18+ or 13+ with parental permission to use our online chatting site.