What type of marriage is better?

• 0_1535032924247_622.gif

in my opinion being single is the best option.

• Global Moderator

Between love marriage or arrange -marriage is still blending of two distinct personalities into one life, its like mixing oil and water..I dunno which is better all I know marriage isnt easy, so here I am enjoying the perks of being single..

• love marriage is better than arranged marriage (family's decision)

well, it is you and the person you loved who will live together, you knew how and why did you choose that person to marry. Unlike arranged, which your parents chose whose to marry and that is kinda forced marriage. What if you don't want yet to marry? What if you want to marry that girl from other country, not from your country ? what if you want that friend of yours and not the one your parents chose?

• @99mbd Marriage aranged with love. hahah Second one. Love

• @giant-panda it is just like..

cutting the flower out of the stem and forced them to adjust with the new environment 🙂

try to imagine it.

• I've been married and divorced twice. Before that, I lived with several women. I've been single and reclusive for some time now. I've learned that I don't want to live with anyone. I'm still wondering exactly what marriage is.

• @99mbd Love, because it’s not forced upon you and you both agree without issue

• @giant-panda said in What type of marriage is better?:

@cjko Arranged Marriage is best Two Families Meet and They Live Happily Ever After!Parents play the most crucial role as they are the one looking for the best bride/groom for their son or daughter. They will check if they share the same family background, socio-economic status, values, level of education, habits etc. If all these things are up to the mark and as per their preferences, they feel they can safely marry their son or daughter into this family.

Couples are expected to first marry and then Love.

I agree with you on the fact that the merger of two families can benefit each side. But what if the 2 concerned are only doing this because they are told to? because they are forced? I don't follow how this can lead to 'Living happily ever after'
    Yes the families may be better off, but does that mean that a family that uses
    (or chooses) arranged marriage, over union of love, should benefit out of someones unhappiness ??
    This of course is a very controversial discussion, and a good one I might add 😉

• @cjko said in What type of marriage is better?:

POLYGAMY

What about the guy's side ??
    I get ,and agree, what you say... but it's not fair on either of the forced parties. Male or Female

• @mr_peanut true. that's why arranged marriage is not ideal for me.

• @cjko said in What type of marriage is better?:

@mr_peanut true. that's why arranged marriage is not ideal for me.

Same

@cjko & @Mr_Peanut Arranged marriage is an artificially created union. Hence the couple need a lot of time to adjust. Each partner will have to learn to understand and accommodate the other and begin to appreciate the good things in the relationship.

Love marriages have their own struggle. The couple do need to make adjustments, with the new family, new surroundings.

I appreciate the struggle in both types of union.
    But you seem to miss that just because people are 'put together' it doesn't mean they will adjust. Sadly life just isn't that' simple

• @naveen067 hahahhah true

• Freedom Writers

@naveen067 & @cjko This depends on you. One thing is for sure, marrying someone for the wrong reasons is not good Be sure you're marrying he right person for the right reasons when you get married.

@cjko & @Mr_Peanut Dating and marriage are two different stages of life. Unlike dating, Marriage comes with lots of responsibility which many people often fail to understand . After the first few months when the honeymoon stage is over and the day to day realities of marriage have set in, people begin to feel dissatisfied wondering if their partner still loves them . In contrast, one might enter an arranged marriage with much lower expectations and not expect everything to work out immediately.

This is true and you are right about dating being different to marriage, but who mentioned dating?
    Both versions of forming a marriage are not easy. The difference is free choice makes for a better start.
    The other thing, if it goes badly wrong, how do you escape an arranged marriage?

You see there is no choice to enter or exit that circumstance

nlike dating, Marriage comes with lots of responsibility which many people often fail to understand . After the first few

how sure are you that you have the right feeling for someone who is forced to marry you ?

• @naveen067 I fully agree, that way you don't have to share things with others, and you will always have yourself.

You have decided that you love this person so completely that you don't care to live your life without them, and you want to team up to do life together.

"'You have decided that you love this person so completely that you don't care to live your life without them, and you want to team up to do life together. """

this is exactly a LOVE Marriage 🙂

• @99mbd

I would rather have my d*** chopped off then have an arranged marriage.
    Noone tells me what's best for me other then me. I have no doubt that a love marriage is always better then an arranged one. You can't "love" a person you don't "love" 🤦

By using TalkWithStranger, you are accepting our privacy and usage terms . You must be 18+ or 13+ with parental permission to use our online chatting site.