Is every person is capable of changing? Is there really good in everyone?

• Things to take into account: mental illness, trauma, upbringing, religion, etc. Explain your reasoning!

• @justchatamy

I think everybody has the ability to change.
    If you wish to change but have no real drive to do so then chances are you will not succeed.
    So I feel it depends on peoples motivations and what's behind those requierments for the change to take place...
    Good poll by the way :)

• hmmm Change is inevitable. Talking about the goodness in every person.. yes, there is. Even criminals , rapist, all prisoners still have the goodness in them. The goodness of a person spreads in all direction. Thus, every person is capable of changing.. to change their lifestyle, change their wrong ideas and beliefs, change the pathway they're taking in..change their way of thinking... :)

• Global Moderator

Change is the only constant thing in this world. However that change might be positive or negative so in order to sustain all the aspect of life one must be positive and embrace change in a good way For each one of us has a gift of goodness..Cest la vie

• @bela said in Is every person is capable of changing? Is there really good in everyone?:

Change is the only constant thing in this world. However that change might be positive or negative so in order to sustain all the aspect of life one must be positive and embrace change in a good way For each one of us has a gift of goodness..Cest la vie

What about Death and Taxes being a constant? :P

• @mr_peanut
    There is no such thing as death for me,it is just a fallacy of a thought and a companion of life, as for taxes it is not always constant some types are progressive and regressive

just stating my own views

• @bela said in Is every person is capable of changing? Is there really good in everyone?:

@mr_peanut
    There is no such thing as death for me,it is just a fallacy of a thought and a companion of life, as for taxes it is not always constant some types are progressive and regressive

just stating my own views

Progressive, regressive.... in the U.K. they be inevitable lol
    And really, I to think death is not the end..... but it is a constant of live and it’s wounderous mysteries :)

• @justchatamy No not everyone yes someone. "Some people just want to see the world burn" *Alfred from Batman.

Some very very evil and wicked can turn to good people as far as i have heard. Some good people has lost their minds and gone on killing spree. If it is a matter of trust on someone who has lied it is lost forever. I can forgive but i won't forget.

• @justchatamy

Disclaimer: I voted no, tho i'm gonna explain it why I say "everyone" changes.
    It's impossible to have the same values the 1st second you were born till the last second you are alive, humans grow up, develop and learn with life. That's why they are constanly "changing". Why did I replied with a "no" you might be asking...
    Well It's simple, heading south and sudenly starting to head east, west or even north is change to me, keep heading a few degrees more to SW or SE isn't really changing, it's more like "molding".
    Change has to make you different and has to be meaningful and some ppl (If not everyone) can take that leap. I speak for myself, if ppl try to make me change I get a bit sad, cuz I would like to be loved and accepted by who I am not by what that person wants me to be!

• @justchatamy Everyone is good and bad at the same time. Even tho we have both of those characteristics, it depends to which side we are leaning more. Everyone has done some bad things while generally being perceived as a good person, and same goes with bad person who has done some good things. I believe everyone can change, but not every person is willing to do so and on top of that not everyone can change to the same degree no matter how hard they wanted it.

• @justchatamy I believe we humans are capable of changing. We have that free will and doing good or bad things is just a matter of choice (maybe depending on the situation). Thus every person is capable of changing.

We are not animals that can't distinguish what is bad and what is good.

• @justchatamy of course but you have to want to. No one can want it for you

• MORBHEAD

My heart is purely.... Evil.