Questions to the community

• SEEKERS Global Veteran

Our local drama about moderation brought some thoughts out of my mind. Boys and girls do you think it is okay, that ours every message, our's every pic (even it is sent in private chat) are stored somewhere. And someone have an infinite access to it.

It doesn't relates only to TWS creators or admins, cause everyone one do it. Each Google or Facebook search requests are counted and stored. You can call me a paranoid, and advice me to put on a tin foil hat. But I am already sitting in a tin can, hanging out somewhere on the edge of the universe.

So the questions after all. Do you like how internet and web evolving? Do you like to be just a source for target advertisements? Do you like that your personalities are counted by IT corps?

• Global Veteran

@spaceboy
    I had an idea of how things would evolve on the internet in this age of technology, a decade and a half ago. Thus i never subscribed to any social media, let alone uploaded a traceable picture or other detailed information.

I made the mistake of making an account on talkwithstrangers.com, so now they have my email adress, IP adress etc. Enough to know my name and location and even that makes me uncomfortable, although it isn't linked to anything else but tws.

Never logging in to any website and burning every piece of technology you own and go live in a forest is even better. If that sounds impossible to you and you can't help but go online, keeping a low profile and be as secretive as possible is key.

For people who threw their lives online in the past years, sorry to say, but it is impossible to dissapear. You can get off the radar as of today but the information you threw on there in the past will be on there long after you die.

None of us can escape google and other internetgiants though, they know everything, your phones watch you when you fap, they listen to you when you speak, and you aren't even aware of it.
    Smartphones are the mark of the beast, we don't need implants, we carry them in our pockets.
    I can keep going on about this but you get the point and everyone should do their own homework.

Live like a hacker. That's exactly what i am evolving in to.

0_1532903201635_1233836_1.jpg

• @therisingsun said in Questions to the community:

Smartphones are the mark of the beast,

Come on!!!!

Not the beast!

Its an adorable little puppy!

alt text

• @spaceboy I figure that in this modern world we can't help but be counted. tbh it sux. but when you see progs like mr robot, they show nieve peeps how it is and highlight to the rest of us that no matter who we are, what we do or say ..... There Watching.
    It would be great to be part of a world that this didn't happen, i mean that more about the data harvesting and advert targeting than the means to connect with peeps ya know and in this case peeps you don't.
    The conglomerates ( I don't want to call the Evil Corp , or E Corp for short ) are a bunch of arses... take that Cambridge Analitica thing recently.... How Very F-in DARE They.. huh
    Fek , I aint even gonna start on the super powers .,....

• @spaceboy

Evolution is the way it should and I hope it keeps going, but the same way the internet evolves everything else, that is related to the internet evolves. It's a cycle, just wait till virtual reality starts to sink in and the ads start to fuck with our brain!

• @mr-h If ya seen Lawnmower Man ..... just wait till our consciousness can be uploaded to breed everlasting life .... that shiz is scary

• SEEKERS Global Veteran

@mr-h alt text
    Why, Mr. H, why? Why, why do you do it? Why, why get up? Why keep fighting?

Jokes aside, I am thinking about symbiosis. Without them we will be in the middle age. And without us. Fear is that - they can be without us.

• SEEKERS Global Veteran

@therisingsun Maybe you are trolling now, or talking seriously, or both. But you are not far from the truth.

• @obviouslylucifer said in Questions to the community:

@therisingsun said in Questions to the community:

Smartphones are the mark of the beast,

Come on!!!!

Not the beast!

Its an adorable little puppy!

alt text

The three headed dog. Don't feed it or it'll be the beast trs has said.

• SEEKERS Global Veteran

@mr_peanut As Billy said: "There will always be ignorance, and ignorance leads to fear. But with time people will come to accept their silicon masters - and even to love them."

• @spaceboy maybe I can go back to cave. hehe

• SEEKERS Global Veteran

@cjko Actually it's not about caves. That question was created to gather an opinion from the community. How internet and web are evolving now, and how it should evolve from the points of personal privacy and control.

• @littpudding

I'm not worried to that level, in fact I believe it's part of the evolution. But it's a fact that no matter how many users use the internet, they still get info from you, proof is that the ads you see on your computer is based on shit you visited/searched before.

• -deleted-

• Evolution of internet will happen either way. it has to done in a responsible way.

• Big companies tracking shit? Good drown em with your internet pron people.
    4 billion people a day uses the internet and you guys are worried ^^ Good luck with that
    Keep a microwave near you at all times.

• @spaceboy yeah I know.. but have it crossed to your mind that it is better to stay at the cave ? no signals? to connect with real world? to have some break from the virtual world?

By using TalkWithStranger, you are accepting our privacy and usage terms . You must be 18+ or 13+ with parental permission to use our online chatting site.