Is it cruel to kill mosquitoes,cockroaches?if not,then why killing larger and beautiful animals cruelty?

• as the person extremely hates cockroaches so he kills them by beating or by other means.u think its not cruel then why do u think killing bigger animals like cats,dogs,dolphins,cows or anything cruelty(though if we kill them for profit)?

• Freedom Writers - Writing Global Moderator

If one kills something for purposes other than food or safety, one is cruel.

Killing mosquito and other insects bothers people less than killing of other animals because they never form an emotional bond with the insects.

Point is - I think sometime or the other you are going to end up killing a lot of beings, before you get killed by someone, something, or just the decay of time.
    So you're probably going to have to end up killing a cockroach or two as well, and you're probably not even aware of how many ants you must have killed.
    The problem is thus not the killing, but rather the intention behind the killing.

In Game of Thrones Tyrion tells a story about his dimwitted brother who kept squashing bugs unnecessarily, that cannot be called as cruelty as the deranged lannister wasn't even aware of what he was doing.

alt text

I just like this comic

On the other hand when Cersei blew up the Sept of Baelor too kill friends and foes alike that was cruelty.

alt text

So the point is, it doesn't matter what you are killing but why you are killing, that defines cruelty.

• @99mbd bcuz as humans we tend to look at scal by nature no only in size bu as productivity and since we dont know or see how roaches and mosquitos benfit the wprld we can kill them withought hesitation but when we sse a moose we can see the impact it has on the world right after we kill it we see the gras overgrown around a plot of water and rob the watering hole o it water all because of that one dead moose .....its all a scale and perspective thing bro but snce im an a*****e i gotta say this on the scale of mosquito and moose your life is valued far less than a mosquito have nice day,

• @99mbd It's absolutely not cruel to kill mosquitoes and cockroaches.
    I kill time.
    I kill bacteria and many other micro organisms.
    I kill humans too.

• Soul Searchers Movie Buff Global Moderator

@99mbd well first of all insects don't perceive pain the same way animals do.
    Second of all our relation with animals and with insects isn't the same. We benefit from animals and they benefit from us in return so a certain connection is formed that you wouldn't have with flies.
    There's also the fact that insects don't have the same intelligence that animals do and they rely 100% on instinct while it has been proven that animals can feel some basic emotions.

Animals and humans are closely bonded. Why do you think no movie has ever been done between an insect and a human like it's been done so many times for dogs?

• @wtfjudith 1.u dont know the type of pain/emotion/feelings experienced by animals...u just believe...Btw these dont matter
    2.u can love and be in bonding only that specific dog or cat and not all are in such love with pets
    3.death of insects may be a matter of depression for the owner of an insect factory (honey from bees,oil from cockroaches) though that's for commercial reasons
    4.cockroaches are harmful but not deadly enough like some dogs or wild predators can be.yes bees can be dangerous but people kill cockroaches only because they hate or feel disgusted (like me😂)
    5.i told about rushing elephants to indicate that elephants are often deadly...but cockroaches aint that (I CHOSE cockroaches because they can be the perfect example for a moral dilemma )
    6.intelligence(more precisely ability) of some animals can be used and i support using that..but such intellects are very specific for very specific animals
    7.saying that emotion matters is a bias.its ok to be biased
    8.even saying bonding matters is also a bias and may be i also have such bias
    Morality cannot be supported by logic.logic is only applicable for mathematics or information or specific believe based purposes and last of all the world is biased (ITS MY THEORY ON PSYCHOLOGY) against what the find very disgusting (like cockroaches OTHER BIASES ALSO WORK IN THIS CASE )
    just agree that you are biased like common humans😂😂

• @wtfjudith said in Is it cruel to kill mosquitoes,cockroaches?if not,then why killing larger and beautiful animals cruelty?:

@99mbd well first of all insects don't perceive pain the same way animals do.
    Second of all our relation with animals and with insects isn't the same. We benefit from animals and they benefit from us in return so a certain connection is formed that you wouldn't have with flies.
    There's also the fact that insects don't have the same intelligence that animals do and they rely 100% on instinct while it has been proven that animals can feel some basic emotions.

Animals and humans are closely bonded. Why do you think no movie has ever been done between an insect and a human like it's been done so many times for dogs?

are you a roach......no well i f u are ure not a person niether of us can understand how each other feel we can only imagine

• @99mbd FYI, I ENJOY KILLING HUMANS 🙂
    (What i actually meant is that you shut the fk up you dead ass bitch or imma kill you and pluck yo dk out and make dildos out of it)
    Have a great day 🙂

• @wtfjudith How did u measure that insects feel less pain?
    A cat or a dog is not enough benefitting.bees produce honey.cats produce shits.YES, ANIMALS CAN BE BENEFICIAL IF U KILL THEM AND USE THEIR BODY PARTS OR EAT THEM.
    and a dog can cause life threatening hydrophobea ,i have never heard such for cockroaches.Rushing elephants often kill people.
    Ants seem to be intelligent.but why will intelligence of animals matter since that is not significant enough to benefit humans.
    How do u know that larger animals have more emotion?u just believe...and why will more emotion matter?
    There can be more bonding between humans and larger animals because these are just large...but this is person specific
    Why not agree that u are biased for no reason just like other people?😂😂

@99mbd said in Is it cruel to kill mosquitoes,cockroaches?if not,then why killing larger and beautiful animals cruelty?:

@wtfjudith How did u measure that insects feel less pain?

It’s not a question of feeling less pain, it’s a question of it being a different type of pain. Insects don’t feel the same emotional type of pain animals do (not talking about feelings here)

A cat or a dog is not enough benefitting.bees produce honey.cats produce shits.YES, ANIMALS CAN BE BENEFICIAL IF U KILL THEM AND USE THEIR BODY PARTS OR EAT THEM.

You will raise the cat, you will become friends with the cat, it will make you happy. Bees to me are probably the most important insects, but only as a whole. An individual bee dying doesn’t really change shit. Your cat dies and you’re sure to be depressed for the next couple of weeks because you loved that animal.

and a dog can cause life threatening hydrophobea ,i have never heard such for cockroaches.

Cockroaches carry bacteria that can contaminate your food and make you sick. Cockroaches can contaminate food with their waste and saliva which contains bacteria that can cause food poisoning, diarrhea, and Staphylococcus infections.

Rushing elephants often kill people.

Be stings can kill people who are allergic to them, a lot of insects happen to be venemous too. Even dogs could kill you but so can humans. In the end everything could technically kill you.
    But what are the chances of that happening?

Ants seem to be intelligent.but why will intelligence of animals matter since that is not significant enough to benefit humans.

Their intelligence doesn’t compare to that of animals. Their intelligence does benefit humans. Just look at horses for an example. If They had the intelligence of a fly, no way would humans be able to train them to ride and such.

How do u know that larger animals have more emotion?u just believe...and why will more emotion matter?

Yeah I believe more emotion matters. Again, let’s take dolphins for an example, renowned to be the most intelligent species. There has been cases of dolphins in captivity purposely drowning themselves because staying in a small pool that humans confine them too has made them depressed and suicidal.

There can be more bonding between humans and larger animals because these are just large...but this is person specific

Let’s say cockroaches were the size of a dog, do you really think it would have the emotional intelligence to bond, connect and be trained by humans?
    No.

Why not agree that u are biased for no reason just like other people?😂😂

I love animals, I’m fascinated by insects, but both just aren’t the same and can’t be regarded the same way.

• @99mbd

TL;DR~

Reasons:

1. Survival:

• Mosquitoes bite us coz of their survival instinct
      • Consider a random dog from the streets in the place of a mosquito--
        -> If it tries to bite you, you have 2 options - fight or flight(run away)
        -> If you choose the first option, you realize that you're taking a risk coz a dog's bite has a better chance of being fatal than the puny mosquito;
        -> Taking the second option means you don't hurt em and leave em as is, so most of the time people tend to take this option as the easy path with the least risk, or you could just scare them away.
    2. Threat to species:

• What would we do as a species if mosquitoes are listed as endangered? We'd naturally try to protect them, even if they try to bite us, we'd even try to feed them with blood in a suitable form.
    3. Contribution to the environment:

• Animals like dogs can be trained to serve and/or guard people
      • Small insects or should I say, "pests" like mosquitoes do more damage than serve any "purpose" to people.

So, as-
      I) there are more mosquitoes in the world than people and killing a mosquito doesn't affect the environment in any way, and
      II) since its been allowed by our sense of morality,
      we kill mosquitoes and cockroaches while preserving dogs.
      P.S.: Cows are killed as well duh

• Gamers

Killing animals for food and for self defense is not cruelty.

• Well nature is cruel and we are part of nature so no "animal cruelty" is a myth

• Seeking attention

@99mbd why me? 😂

• @wtfjudith u have bias for dogs

• @wtfjudith 😖 😖 😑 😒 ok ok

View More Recent Topics