• Banned

Just now I have seen an advertisement related to fairness , So I thought to express my feeling which are buried inside my mind from a long time. I don't know about other country but in India we have almost half of advertisement came on Television are related to fairness whether it is of cream , soaps ,etc. Whitening cream market is so huge in India and their brand ambassadors are our own superstars , at least they should take responsibility and stay away from that sick mentality. I am very happy that actress like Kangna Ranaut are refusing to fairness brands. Even in movies all around the world , we used to see hero as White person and Villain is Black. It hurts when I listen that
    in country like USA who called himself super power and most welcoming and open minded society , Police shoots the man in suspiciousness because he is black. I think, All of us have one general mentality in somewhere in our mind that dark people are not good. For example- If we have to find a criminal between different people , our mind will definitely choose dark skin . So , my question to all of us. Are we racist ? Why don't we remain as the child of god ? Why don't we only remain as Human?

• @iambucky No, I don’t think so.

• @iambucky Technically, fairness depends upon region to region. Countries those are far from equator, contain light skin people. Living in cool region means fair skin and living in a hot region means tanned skin. If anyone minds skin tone, you can ignore them.

• @iambucky well shit...I was used in a tag.
    As a person with hella white skin but from different foreign countries, it gives me a lot of perspective.
    I hate controversial topics lmao....why the hell did you have to tag me😂
    Anyone is more than welcome to jump in and correct any of my mistakes or statements that may be taken the wrong way, I dont mind.
    Here is the thing. Racism grew from stereotypes. Thats the way I see it. Stereotypes that black people are all bad. Indians are all horny. All Hispanic Americans are illegal. And thats, thats racism. So to ask if “we are racist” nah. Maybe its not what youre wording meant, but nah.
    Like most things in life, racism is a mindset people choose. Its a choice.
    When I walk out the morning every day, Im not kidding you, I tell myself that everyone is different. Does that make me racist? To tell myself every day that there are diff colors of skin? Id like to think not. However lets go a bit further. Every single person is different. They all have diff life styles, choices/decisions, goals, and mindsets. And thats what makes this world so hard to live in. Because there are going to be stupid people who choose the wrong mindset, the different opinion. There will be the ignorant peopke who just follow the crowd, choosing the easy way out and believing Stereotypes.
    That, thats racism to me.
    And so we can move onto white skin. I think the idea behind it isnt exact racism. Like i dunno, when I think racism, i dont think that it affects beauty viewpoints. Throughout time, white has been the ultimate beauty. And so its what everyone wants. And thats what conpanies like those in India feed off of. If they can take one of the old traditions, and show the world that its the way its always been, then the world will believe it. The idea of it becomes racist when the people who dont use these products, are put down for it. I think that if someone wants to bleach their skin bcuz they find it beautiful, then so be it. But the idea is only slightly attached to racism.
    To clarify, I am not saying I approve of it. I think that all shades of skin whether it be dark or light is beautiful. And for people to feel as though they need to lighten their skin to be society’s version of pretty....its disgusting.
    And so Im just gonna move to my last point, because Im tired af and my words are getting jumbled af.
    USA was not built on the foundation that all men were equal. It may say that, but basic human rights were being violated because of their race. (Yuppers sorry Kanye West, Slavery was not a choice). So to say that USA is full of racists ....i could hop along that ship...bcuz its something that makes sense. So when you say USA is not all of what it says it is.....you arent wrong. Although it provides many freedoms to the people living here, it isnt true freedom if the rights can only apply to certain people and certain situations. And it most certainly isnt freedom when it is bended to save someone’s ass, and not bended for other situations. ( i can honestly say I have cried during several news stories that talk about how certain family members were deported and others arent).

And so Bucky, i will answer your question. “Are we racist”.
    No. It doesnt have to be a we. There can be a defined line between you and another person. You determine your life, and your mindset. Just dont let that line be you on the racist side, and them on the acceptance.

Bye bye bish

• @willoww Holllly shit ...thats long .
    You have quite the thought on this matter.

• Music Lovers

@stranger_danger .....good
    If its long then no one will read it and I wont have to argue with anyone
    couple
    Now shut up, im going to sleep

• Banned

@willoww said in HiWhy are we so obsessed with fair skin ???:

@iambucky well shit...I was used in a tag.
    As a person with hella white skin but from different foreign countries, it gives me a lot of perspective.
    I hate controversial topics lmao....why the hell did you have to tag me😂
    Anyone is more than welcome to jump in and correct any of my mistakes or statements that may be taken the wrong way, I dont mind.
    Here is the thing. Racism grew from stereotypes. Thats the way I see it. Stereotypes that black people are all bad. Indians are all horny. All Hispanic Americans are illegal. And thats, thats racism. So to ask if “we are racist” nah. Maybe its not what youre wording meant, but nah.
    Like most things in life, racism is a mindset people choose. Its a choice.
    When I walk out the morning every day, Im not kidding you, I tell myself that everyone is different. Does that make me racist? To tell myself every day that there are diff colors of skin? Id like to think not. However lets go a bit further. Every single person is different. They all have diff life styles, choices/decisions, goals, and mindsets. And thats what makes this world so hard to live in. Because there are going to be stupid people who choose the wrong mindset, the different opinion. There will be the ignorant peopke who just follow the crowd, choosing the easy way out and believing Stereotypes.
    That, thats racism to me.
    And so we can move onto white skin. I think the idea behind it isnt exact racism. Like i dunno, when I think racism, i dont think that it affects beauty viewpoints. Throughout time, white has been the ultimate beauty. And so its what everyone wants. And thats what conpanies like those in India feed off of. If they can take one of the old traditions, and show the world that its the way its always been, then the world will believe it. The idea of it becomes racist when the people who dont use these products, are put down for it. I think that if someone wants to bleach their skin bcuz they find it beautiful, then so be it. But the idea is only slightly attached to racism.
    To clarify, I am not saying I approve of it. I think that all shades of skin whether it be dark or light is beautiful. And for people to feel as though they need to lighten their skin to be society’s version of pretty....its disgusting.
    And so Im just gonna move to my last point, because Im tired af and my words are getting jumbled af.
    USA was not built on the foundation that all men were equal. It may say that, but basic human rights were being violated because of their race. (Yuppers sorry Kanye West, Slavery was not a choice). So to say that USA is full of racists ....i could hop along that ship...bcuz its something that makes sense. So when you say USA is not all of what it says it is.....you arent wrong. Although it provides many freedoms to the people living here, it isnt true freedom if the rights can only apply to certain people and certain situations. And it most certainly isnt freedom when it is bended to save someone’s ass, and not bended for other situations. ( i can honestly say I have cried during several news stories that talk about how certain family members were deported and others arent).

And so Bucky, i will answer your question. “Are we racist”.
    No. It doesnt have to be a we. There can be a defined line between you and another person. You determine your life, and your mindset. Just dont let that line be you on the racist side, and them on the acceptance.

Bye bye bish

I(stupid) am really sorry mam that u have to give so much of your precious time to my rotten post. I will suggest u to block me or tell me how to delete my account because I don't want to dare to flash my post on your screen.

• People choose light skin as a ideal preferred look because I guess, the color white is a symbol of peace and tranquillity.
    But also, it’s a Eurocentric look that many countries with a majority of dark people praise for.

• @iambucky yeah in my country too almost all advertising about skin products is promised about fair, light skin tone. and the beauty standard is you are have a light skin, skinny, tall so people will think u are pretty.
    yeah maybe because all the media, perspective, brainwashing thing slowly make us lowkey racist, even tho we don't think we are racist but maybe sometimes we are.

• @iambucky 😂😂😂😂wtf nahhhhh man!!!!
    You read that wrong I was just giving an opinion. I happen to think this is a great topic, and a good issue to bring up.
    Keep up the good work^•^

• I wish we were all blue like Avatar.
    0_1526801796128_fa49a356-8637-42d2-82bd-03fa7c7b3150-image.png