What's your favourite quote?

• Freedom Writers - Writing

Or several =D
    Mine is: Live the Life You Love so You'll Love the Life you're Living

• Music Lovers

@kimmy159 Struggle now or you will struggle rest of your life. (that is the quote that might be false, but it drives me to forward, so whatever works eh)

Keep the track of other people's life as well, you might learn something. ( yes contrary to the idealistic belief)

Everyone does mistakes, just let some things go, do not hold grudge and forgive as soon as other person tries to make a forward move. Always be the bigger man.

Do not take whatever anyone says too seriously, those are just words which might have come out just in the heat of moment and not what the other person actually means.

• "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses"

Even though times might be rough, look the silver lining.

Option 3: Genetically modify the rose bush to not have thorns.

Option 4: Genetically modify all plants to have thorns. Suddenly much more silver lining to look for!

Option 5: Genetically modify all plants to grow hellfire missiles.

World War Tree !!!

"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks, stones and plants that grow hellfire missiles." -Albert Einstein

"We must concentrate not merely on the negative expulsion of war but the postive affirmation of our new rosebush overlords." -Martin Luther King Jr

"The only thing we have to fear, is fearsome missile-spewing flora." -Franklin D. Roosevelt

I fear only one thing, and that thing is plants modified to grow hellfire missiles. -Genghis Khan

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” Martin Luther King Jr.

“Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.”
    ― Mark Twain

“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”
    ― Terry Pratchett

Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty.
    ― Mother Teresa

I don't fear death so much as I fear its prologues: loneliness, decrepitude, pain, debilitation, depression, senility. After a few years of those, I imagine death presents like a holiday at the beach.
    ― Mary Roach

“I didn't want to wake up. I was having a much better time asleep. And that's really sad. It was almost like a reverse nightmare, like when you wake up from a nightmare you're so relieved. I woke up into a nightmare.”
    ― Ned Vizzini

“I am constantly torn between killing myself and killing everyone around me.”
    ― David Levithan

“A lot of you cared, just not enough.”
    ― Jay Asher

“Did you really want to die?"
    "No one commits suicide because they want to die."
    "Then why do they do it?"
    "Because they want to stop the pain.”
    ― Tiffanie DeBartolo

“The thought of suicide is a great consolation: by means of it one gets through many a dark night.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

We may have found a cure for most evils; but we have found no remedy for the worst of them all, the apathy of human beings.
    ― Helen Keller

... and a lot more.

• This isn't my favourite quote, but I heard it on the movie I watched yesterday, so that's what I'm going to put.

“Watch your thoughts for they become words. Watch your words for they become actions. Watch your actions for they become habits. Watch your habits, for they become your character. And watch your character, for it becomes your destiny. What we think we become.”

(Margaret Thatcher)

• Movie Buff

@kimmy159 I have wayyy too many but one of my favourites one is:

'One of the simplest way to BE HAPPY is letting go of the things that makes you SAD'.

• @kimmy159 I know I sound like a broken record and this is my signature but... "But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold." Job 23:10

This quote truly defines who I am. I have encountered strife all my life but it wasn't in vain. I will always be stronger from my stuggles. I will always fight and come out on top.

• @stranger_danger this quote- "Even though times might be rough, look the silver lining."

I believe in silver linings... my favorite line in Harry Potter (Deathly Hallows) is "There's the silver lining I've been looking for" said by Ginny Weasley to Potter in regards to the the dating pool being thin during the oncoming fight with Voldemort.

• Movie Buff Music Lovers Gamers

@Kimmy159
    "There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance”
    ~Socrates~
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit”
    ~Aristotle~
    “Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward ”
    ~Søren Kierkegaard~
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation”
    ~Plato~
    “It is one thing to show a man that he is in error, and another to put him in possession of truth” ~John Locke~

• Banned

I don't remember these quotes are inspired from anywhere or belongs to someone or my own thoughts.

• Always Be Yourself.

• Never follow any person, follow his qualities.

• There is enough for need not for greed. - Mahatma Gandhi

• Be kind to everyone, but never expect kidness from anyone.

• Never forget your bad time.

• Gamers

Ignorance is bliss

Monsters are real,ghosts are real too.They live inside our heads and sometimes they win.-Stephen King

It's better to rule Hell,than to serve Heaven

• *"Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."-Michael Scott

• It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves– Edmund Hillary

*Sometimes to win you must lose something ... and one who wins from a losing position is called a gambler-BAAZIGAR(movie)

*There's nothing like a ‘last chance’ in life. It's always a ‘second last’-Hasee Toh Phasee

*Be capable my son, capable ... success will follow you no matter what-3 idiots

• Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also - Albus Dumbledore

• Movie Buff

@us-poet you literally have my favourite quotes in there 😂 good to know we have something in common 😀😀

• @catwoman nice quote from the Iron Lady.

• GSP Patrol - The Proofreaders

“A dick has a sad life. His hair is a mess, his family is nuts, his next door neighbour is an asshole, his best friend is a pussy and his owner beats him habitually”

@evan-elderson I've always liked it too since I read it on your signature ^^ I think it's very suiting.

• @im-a-bae said in What's your favourite quote?:

@evan-elderson simple but hard to follow I just like the meaning behind it 😁

Well, I will take you up on that challenge 😁

• @dramaqueen all great quotes, especially Pratchett's (I love DiscWorld).

@im-a-bae I'm glad I could beat you to sharing them then.
    Special

View More Recent Topics