• alt text

To be the best, you have to learn from the best. Success is a journey, one that starts from many miles away but people only notice when you’ve passed through the hurdles.

There are so many lessons to learn from Bill Gates, and it would help shape your path to success.

1. FAILURE IS NEVER THE END

Every successful person has failed at one point in time and Bill Gates isn’t any different. His first company Traf-O-Data failed because the product Traf-O-Data 8008 which was meant to read traffic tapes and process data wouldn’t work when they tried to sell it to a local county. Bill Gates didn’t stop at this venture and still went on to be the wealthiest man in the world, meaning failure is only possible when you give up.

2. LEARN FROM EACH FAILURE

Learning from a failure is a key ingredient to success, and it’s one Bill Gates rode on to success. Bill Gates and the co-founder of Microsoft, Paul Allen never gave up, they learnt from the mistakes of Traf-O-Data, and today they are the founders of one of the most successful companies in the world – Microsoft. According to Paul Allen: “Even though Traf-O-Data wasn’t a roaring success, it was seminal in preparing us to make Microsoft’s first product a couple of years later”.

In 2011, Paul Allen told Newsweek: “Since then, I have made my share of business mistakes, but Traf-O-Data remains my favorite mistake because it confirmed to me that every failure contains the seeds of your next success.

3. SEEK FOR KNOWLEDGE

People are too lazy to seek for knowledge these days, and you can hardly be successful when you lack knowledge. Bill Gates has always been an avid reader right from his childhood days; he was curious for knowledge and that curiosity helped him become one of the most successful programmers the world would ever know.

According to Bill Gates: “I really had a lot of dreams when I was a kid, and I think a great deal of that grew out of the fact that I had a chance to read a lot.”

Knowledge and curiosity go hand in hand, and they are essential for success.

4. DRIVE/AIM

Never set limitations to your thinking, and that’s one trait that pushed Bill Gates to success. Inasmuch as Traf-O-Data didn’t succeed, the thinking behind it wasn’t average; it was extraordinary and beyond normal. Microsoft was born out of that pattern of thinking.

Paul Allen described Bill Gates as one with a drive for success and a highly competitive and persistent person.

5. FOCUS

You can’t succeed if you are carried away or easily distracted from your goal. Focus is one of the highlights of Bill Gates success, and according to Paul Allen: “Where I was curious to study everything in sight, Bill would focus on one task at a time with total discipline. You could see it when he programmed—he’d sit with a marker clenched in his mouth, tapping his feet and rocking, impervious to distraction.”

6. HAVE A GREAT TEAM

You can hardly ever do it alone, having a great team is really important. Every great president is as good as his cabinet; every CEO is as good as his workforce. According to Paul Allen: “Bill never wanted to lose talented people. ‘If this guy leaves,’ he’d say to me, ‘we’ll lose all our momentum.’”

These six characters have an important influence on Bill Gates road to success: it’s never too late; you can build your way to success too. Start today.

• This is the kinda billionaire I wanna become. Rich yet down to earth!

• Gamers

you could learn a few from me too btw >.>