What do you think is your purpose in life?

• Gamers

whats your age, i dont think most people can answer that question till very late in their life, i haven't figured out myself yet

• @athenathegreatxx what was your answer? I've never believed in an overall purpose and am comfortable that belief won't cause an existential crisis. For now, whatever acts I can do that make me feel happy and fulfilled are enough

• I don't think any one will truly know what their purpose is. If we knew there wouldn't be any stress in the world really everybody would know what they were suppose to be doing. The purpose in life is to live it to the best of your abilities. We make mistakes and some people don't even get a chance to see the purpose due to their lives being cut short. As you can tell I don't know my true purpose but hopefully I will figure it all out before the end.......Enjoy

• @mchlchance Hope You figure it out much before or else you would think all you did in life was just shit. :) Or something that was not designed for you.

• I'm still searching for it...

Maybe that's my purpose..

To search?

...To wonder?

• @athenathegreatxx Firstly, unless you're religious, there's really no set purpose given to any lone individual. The universe doesn't care whether we live or die, whether our lives have "meaning" (usually defined by society or culture). Consider that for any living being to survive, they must have a reason, this could be a fear of death, desire to reproduce, desire to pursue happiness (which manifests in the 7 deadly sins - gluttony, lust, greed, pride, wrath, sloth, envy), or perhaps a longing to seek the "truth".

Superficially, everyone on this planet defines their purpose based on societal values, these are taught to us by our parents, the media, religion, government, etc. These help to maintain the cycle that is human civilization, that which sets us apart from "mere" animals. We originally created civilization to protect us from nature, but now, civilization has become so complicated that we exist to maintain the system. Societal values exist to integrate people into the system, to tell them it's good to have a job, it's good to make money, it's good to follow the law, because that way we can ensure the survival of humanity, our culture, and way of life. But even being conditioned by these "rules", these perceptions of "good" vs "bad", "wrong" vs "right" (morals and ethics), we still can't escape our individuality, which is why even when given a purpose by society, we still ask ourselves "what is the purpose of existence", and like your teacher said "every answer is valid".

In the end, it's up to the individual to craft his or her own purpose in life, which is constantly changing and being shaped as a result of their experiences, because the universe didn't give us a purpose, and a purpose to life is a requisite for staying alive.

• Thank you for your opinions. I greatly appreciate all of them. :> All of you helped a lot. :)

• @maverick832 You wanna be an astronaut? Or you really want to live there?

• @roney1718 As a human, there's also a part of me who just wants satisfaction and fulfillment of my desires/pleasures/wants. This is still a good answer tho since everyone has their own preferences.

• @mchlchance Living life to the fullest? Hmmm. This is what I'm doing right now. Let's enjoy this journey as you've said and figure out the answer to this question along the way. :)

• @i-am-male Thank you for taking this question seriously. :) I'll take note of all that you've said. You're a big help.

• @jynextremist I'm still 19. Too young to be asked of this question, right? :)

• @bushmurry My answer was 'I think everyone is designated for a purpose and discovering it comes along the way. Maybe I can figure it out fully when the time comes. But for now, I think it's to grab this chance to fulfill my goals/dreams in life and to not put it into waste.'

• @korglife17 Same as mine. :) Enjoy searching yours! :)

• @athenathegreatxx Its about visiting it. There cant be a more beautiful place than earth. Anyways I like travelling. So that is it, travel as far and as much as possible!!

• Reproduce.

• @blooddrunk Rock On Buddy. But Watch "Lucy" before you rock on!!!

• @maverick832 Well I understand your concern but I am comfortable with my path...Thank you for your concern.

• Watch Anime Eyes

This post is deleted!

• @athenathegreatxx
    Research nihilism(optimistic nihilism, existential nihilism...), existentialism(Atheist, Christian...), absurdism and realism (depressive realism, moral realism...)

@athenathegreatxx
    1st there is no good reason to believe in the 2 world theory which says there's an afterlife and that's somehow why this life is meaningful and the same goes for god, no good reason to believe in her/him/it/whatever the fuck.
    2nd Life has no meaning. life is a thing that happens. It's just something you have, and you do whatever the physical body that you are causes...In philosophy that idea's called existential nihilism. I support existential nihilism , it's true when you are viewing meaning from the perspective of the whole universe and it does mention that if we are talking about meaning from the perspective of human consciousness then it's very clear that you have no inherent meaning but you create subjective meaning by your own which will be gone when you die and which is very likely to include things programmed in you by evolution and biology in general, here's the biological definition of life "A distinctive characteristic of a living organism from dead organism or non-living thing, as specifically distinguished by the capacity to grow, metabolize, respond (to stimuli), adapt, and reproduce" and science can offer a wide range of insights on topics ranging from the science of happiness to death anxiety. Scientific inquiry facilitates this through nomological investigation into various aspects of life and reality, such as the Big Bang, the origin of life, and evolution, and by studying the objective factors which correlate with the subjective experience of meaning and happiness.

0_1515887846923_919f69f3a223d88ced5758939df63b3c--meaning-of-life-interesting-stuff.jpg