What's death and what happens after that?

• What do you think that will happen after your brain stops working and lose senses and conscience?

Will I become part of the soil and regrowth as a tree? I don't know.

Tell me what do you believe in.

• Death is just a biological process which marks the end of a present life and the beginning of a new life in another physical form through the phenomenon of reincarnation. Death kills the person's body but it never kills the soul which is eternal, which actually gets transformed into another form of life.

• Death means you stop moving, your brain stops firing neurons.
    And after death they bury you, you decompose. if they burn you turn to ash.
    Nothing complicated.

• You should look into the Bardo Thodol (Tibetan Book of the Dead.) The text is intended to guide one through the experiences that the consciousness has after death in the Bardo (the state between death and rebirth.)

0_1505983161294_262px-Zhi-Khro_Bardo_Thodol.jpg

• @roney1718 and @Lucifer_ I'm aware of that, it's simple to verify that, but I would like to see someone going further with the imagination and possible hypothesis to what comes to death, especially cultural and/or religious explanation.

• @davitchen In that case there would be 3 possible scenarios:

1. The religious one: You either go to heaven or hell depending on your karma, you either live eternally in a bliss in heaven with every comfort you ever wanted or you go to hell and relive your worst memories again and again untll there is nothing left of the thing that makes you YOU .

2. As Gregory House would say in House MD Death would be like a dreamless sleep for eternity you feel nothing, Its just goes all blank. So there was no heaven no hell, this here is all we have and we are all responsible to one another and not to something else.

3. A different view in the series Iron Fist where Howard Meachum says: For him death was like standing on the side of a glass door where it was loneliness and cold, and the other side was life and warmth, and no matter how hard he tried he could not open that door and with every try the it would get more colder and darker and the door would move farther away from him.

• @lucifer_
    The first scenario is applied to almost every religion principles, I will not say every because I don't know every.

The second and third scenarios are mostly metaphors that were written to attenuate the drama that's related to death, trought the humor (in the case of Hamlet), or art In the case of Howard Meachum's words, as I can see.

Once again, nice one.

• @davitchen said in What's death and what happens after that?:

What do you think that will happen after your brain stops working and lose senses and conscience?

Will I become part of the soil and regrowth as a tree? I don't know.

Tell me what do you believe in.

Death in Islam is the termination of worldly life and the beginning of afterlife. Death is seen as the separation of soul from body, and its transfer from this world to the afterlife.Thus, it is the continuation of life in another form. Death is seen as a painful experience in Islam.

Islamic tradition discusses elaborately, almost in graphic detail, as to what exactly happens before, during, and after the death. The angel of death (arabic:Malak al-Maut). The sinners' souls are extracted in a most painful way while the righteous are treated easily. After the burial, two angels – Munkar and Nakir – come to question the dead in order to test their faith. The righteous believers answer correctly and live in peace and comfort while the sinners and disbelievers fail and punishments ensue. The time period or stage between death and resurrection is called the life of barzakh. Suicide, Euthanasia, and unjust murder as means of death are all prohibited in Islam, and are considered major sins.

• @davitchen Life or the soul of a living being is actually a cosmic energy of universe and after death it returns back to it and waits for rebirth. According to my faith, after death souls leave the and gets reborn according to its karma in its last life.It reincarnates itself in the form of animals or insects if it performed bad deeds whereas good deeds leads to human birth.But one can attain salvation from this cycle of rebirth by attaining moksha or salvation by denouncing all worldly pleasures ad thereby getting into a state of complete freedom,eternal
    bliss and enlightenment.

• Would it be too easy to acknowledge that we must learn more before that question can be fully answered..? I would also like to conclude that "death" is rather much more of a formality than we want to believe- with that said, I can also safely assume that, because we are atomic, death is simply misunderstood.

• Music Lovers

Death is universal truth..death means truth which ll definitely not happily accepted by us,..either everyone knows who ll be borned definitely someday he ll be going to be dead it's reality but no one accept this happily..!

• Gamers

Absolutely you will break down into components that the world will continue to use and recycle, but you won't be aware of it. No more than you are aware of the things that have come before you that have donated their molecules and elements to you. I don't believe in a soul, death is the end of all you'll ever be aware of.

• I once said that after you die it will probably feel the same way it felt before you were born
    @alwaysstranger said in Is There Life After Death?:

@emily said in Is There Life After Death?:

@alwaysstranger LOL do you know how did it feel before you were born ?

Yeah NOTHING.

Lol you have no idea what is gonna happen after you are dead.

You too. But i believe there's nothing because according to science my consciousness is just a collection of neurons that'll stop working when I'm dead.

Read Quran or Bible! They all tell the same thing about this topic.

I'm an ex-muslim. So i have nothing new to read. I think I'll prefer science over religion and logic over faith anyday but you choose whatever you want

• I believe and my spiritual being tells me there is life after what we call "dead" here on Earth. Death, is really the beginning of a new dimension in which there is peace and there is no negativity like we experience here on Earth. Basically, you have a spirit that's eternal. Ask the universe for answers and you will get this response. You have to be open minded of course to hear answers from the divine (truth). Even most religions believe in life after death. I can assure you that you will continue to live and have a conscious after you die. The only difference is that you will not have a physical body.There's a transition that occurs from this dimension to the next which is what we call "heaven" here on Earth.

• @angelsareforreal said in What's death and what happens after that?:

I believe and my spiritual being tells me there is life after what we call "dead" here on Earth. Death, is really the beginning of a new dimension in which there is peace and there is no negativity like we experience here on Earth. Basically, you have a spirit that's eternal. Ask the universe for answers and you will get this response. You have to be open minded of course to hear answers from the divine (truth). Even most religions believe in life after death. I can assure you that you will continue to live and have a conscious after you die. The only difference is that you will not have a physical body.There's a transition that occurs from this dimension to the next which is what we call "heaven" here on Earth.

Until you show me proof of all of this all i can think is that you're delusional. It just sounds like a fairytale someone told you to help you go to sleep

• @alwaysstranger you can think whatever you please there is nothing wrong with that. The best way to get the proof you want to see is by doing a past life regression with someone that is local to where you live that knows how to do this. It's basically a meditation, it doesn't involve religion or anything like that. Meditation can also help to relax so you will love it! blessings!

@alwaysstranger you can think whatever you please there is nothing wrong with that. The best way to get the proof you want to see is by doing a past life regression with someone that is local to where you live that knows how to do this. It's basically a meditation, it doesn't involve religion or anything like that. Meditation can also help to relax so you will love it! blessings!

I meditate. I love meditation but i don't understand how that'll prove that there's life after death.

• @alwaysstranger you can ask the person that will guide the meditation when doing a past life regression that you want him/her to guide you to understand what happened after you died on your last life or the life the meditation guides you to.

@alwaysstranger you can ask the person that will guide the meditation when doing a past life regression that you want him/her to guide you to understand what happened after you died on your last life or the life the meditation guides you to.

This sound like BS i already did a guided meditation, took acid and got hypnotised but i don't understand how this knew experience can possibly prove to me there's an afterlife. I'm talking about scientific proof here not whatever proof you're talking about

• @alwaysstranger said in What's death and what happens after that?:

@angelsareforreal said in What's death and what happens after that?:

@alwaysstranger you can ask the person that will guide the meditation when doing a past life regression that you want him/her to guide you to understand what happened after you died on your last life or the life the meditation guides you to.

This sound like BS i already did a guided meditation, took acid and got hypnotised but i don't understand how this knew experience czn possibly prove to me there's an afterlife. I'm talking about scientific proof here not whatever proof you're talking about

I get you. Just because they're telling that that's what's happening, they're not qualified to say its anything more than your imagination, or a vision based on your belief.